Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coconut Oil  (Read 13052 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coconut Oil
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 11:28:03 PM »

It's an oil  -  hence the Very Good Clear Out  ;).  Oily fish can have the same effect for me  :-X ...... I love coconut 'milk'  :-X

dahliagirl

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM »

I have been having porridge oats (heaped tbsp. or so), chia seeds(des sp) and a teaspoon of coconut oil and handful of dried fruit all soaked in boiling water for 3 minutes for breakfast.  You need quite a bit of boiling water because the chia absorbs a lot - so like a potage - then it dries up.

I started it because of a vegan porridge that I bought and liked, but was very expensive.

It covers a lot of bases - eating the right fats, lots of soluble fibre etc, so it is good to read about the coconut oil.  Unfortunately, it also requires kiwi fruit to keep my intestines on the go  ::)  but I have found some cute baby ones in M&S (damned expensive - cancels out the cheaper vegan porridge  ;D )

Night_Owl

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 03:31:42 PM »

Only recently have I discovered the benefits of coconut oil.

Useful advice found on the net:  the oil can be made into pessaries / suppositories - by shaping with a spoon to whatever size required or using moulds (if melted) then keep in the fridge.  Will definitely give this a try.  Much cheaper than buying Vit E pessaries.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:29:16 AM by Night_Owl »

dahliagirl

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 08:38:51 AM »

My vegan porridge seems to be having positive effects 8)  I need some more coconut oil.  I tried using some in my dry hair - it smells a bit strong :madeyes: but the effect does wear off during the day.

I am avoiding the kiwi fruit as I just don't like them very much, even though they have a good effect.  I am having one every 2-3 days.

I have added an orange to the breakfast.  Someone told me they give you energy :scottie:  I think that is probably a bit far fetched, but they are a good source of vitamin C and fibre, so I have nothing to lose  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »

Hair also likes pure moroccan argan oil (the organic oil, not shampoos with it in) well mine does anyway.  Work it through hair, especially the ends, wait 30 minutes and then shampoo as usual. Magic  :)

TinaOptimist

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 05:59:18 PM »

I am learning such a lot about coconut oil. I recently bought a big tub and was wondering how to use it internally. Good idea Night_Owl! I love the idea of adding a teaspoon to porridge. I have been trying prunes which help. Also kiwi can ease things along but now have a third idea thanks to this helpful thread! Gonna try and will report back. I have had constipation issues on and off for a while. I do a colon massage which isn't what it sounds.  :-\ More like a tummy massage. That helps too.
Pages: 1 [2]