Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anxiety or something else?  (Read 8705 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety or something else?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 04:49:43 PM »

Dehydration can cause headaches too, as can sleeping too deeply or too long ………

dangermouse

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2016, 11:07:14 PM »

I don't have headaches so not sure about pain control, my migraines are gastric and triggered by high oestrogen. I always thought caffeine was just in cold medications to give you energy but I never take pain killers so really don't know.

The endocrinologist said I have too much fluid in my cells (from oestrogen, a vasodilator, dilating the blood vessels and letting fluid in) and caffeine and progesterone are vasoconstrictors (sounds like a snake!) that constrict the blood vessels to squeeze the fluid back out.

So it would make sense that if caffeine constricts the blood vessels when you don't have the high oestrogen / fluid retention, then it won't make you feel good as you may lose too many fluids.

It's so interesting to me as caffeine is like someone clicking their fingers and suddenly I'm ok, I thought for the last few years that I was imagining it and then that I was addicted (even though I don't have that much). However, I didn't have any for 4 months and I was worse than ever and now I know why.

linz57

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »

Just a quick update, I haven't been around much recently as I've been struggling with a dental abcess followed by tooth extractions and a partial denture fitting ( badly fitting I might add)
Anyway, I ended up going to the doctors this morning as last night I had started experiencing weird pain under my right shoulder and in the front upper right quadrant. He seems to think it is gallbladder and that I may have gallstones so, he's arranging an ultrasound as a first step.
Looks like being a low fat, non goodie Christmas for me then 😢

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 08:33:31 PM »

OUCH!  Dental pain is the PITS!  Was the abcess present prior to extraction, my Dentist wouldn't remove the tooth without anti-biotic cover which also helps pain relief. 

Nowt wrong with a low fat diet if it helps ease symptoms! 

linz57

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 09:37:51 PM »

Yes the abcess was there prior to extraction and I had a course of antibiotics to clear it up.Dental pain always turns me into a right old grump . I could have grumped and groused for England.
Any other time of the year and I wouldn't be too bothered about the low fat diet but Christmas? Just after I've stocked  with goodies, including Bailey's. Oh well, I shall play the martyr .... ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:41:09 PM by linz57 »

linz57

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2016, 08:15:50 AM »

Will do sparkle and thanks for the advice . I just hope this doesn't take weeks  and weeks to sort out as I'm nervous about increasing pain. Some of the accounts I've read on various websites sound horrific!
Pages: 1 2 [3]