Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Pilates  (Read 17023 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pilates
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2016, 04:42:40 PM »

A long roller is for painting ceilings, when did one become part of an exercise class  ;D

Janice68

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »

;D very funny clkd!!
It's a foam roller you use for excerises , strengthen, posture, core muscles and for balance. I was rocking everywhere! So need  to work on my balance then!!  ;D it did irrate  my back  a bit apparently good for massage too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2016, 08:48:17 PM »

Is it an on the floor thingy or like a roller ball  :-\

walking the dog

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2016, 07:01:37 AM »

Going this evening janice68 I'm nearly in a routine I'm hoping to add a Tuesday during day come September as its 7:45 on a Tuesday evening and I'm shattered by then plus the day time one is same teacher as a Friday evening so makes more sense as different teachers have different routines. I will be toned eventually!

Janice68

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »

Yer I wouldn't mind doing 2 classes a week too. My teacher gave me some excerise sheets because  of holidays. The next class starts in September now.
I do a class Wednesday morning which suits me at the moment holding back on evenings shattered by then too.
Like you I wld love to be toned!!

No clkd not a roller ball it's a foam longish roller it's just a type of equipment for various excerises to help out with balance and everything else it's just a tool.

Janice68

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »

Have you found a class Sparkle?
Pilates class started up again yesterday thank heavens I missed it. I never thought I would join an excerise class  it's funny how the meno changes your mindset to things. I do have to admit I've got a lot to do to help my body but baby steps and patience( which I don't have).
Anyway love it and the challenges it brings too!!! Xx

Janice68

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2016, 04:41:34 PM »

Yep, plenty of walking is good too!! And if you got a dog too even better cause they have to go for their walkies! We to have a dog and I enjoy taking him out to. Sorry to hear about your reflux not nice I know.
Janxx

Janice68

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2016, 06:12:42 PM »

I do get reflux occasionally and it's been painfull. I have to say I haven't for a little while. I'm battling with terrible bloating at Mo my body can't make up its mind whether to have a period or not!!
Anyway yours sounds very painful I remember you saying hiatus hernia.
Hope it settles a bit for you,!!
Janxx
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 06:14:26 PM by Jan68 »

Janice68

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2016, 07:31:57 PM »

My last period was last month before that they were every couple of months. The last one did surprise me very unexpected were the others I would spot blood first. I am spotting now with bloating so who knows what will happen and also some of my symptoms are worse eg hot flushes which have increased so something is going on or it might just pass at some point in over a weeks time. I hope anyway!! To be honest I wld prefer a period a good flush of the system and also getting some night sweats that's a big giveaway for me in the past they represent to me that time of a period coming. I guess we are all different eh?
Janx

Janice68

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2016, 11:59:39 AM »

It is very frustrating the whole meno thing it really is!!!
Jan x

blogfrog

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2016, 12:13:08 PM »

Oh Jan, I was afraid someone might ask me that.  I meant to look and never did.  Im hopeless really.  I think I'm going to stick with walking the dog regularly for now.  At least I don't have to bend for that, my reflux isn't good at the moment!   :)

S x
walking with the dog is a good idea. But you can find short (10-15 mins) pilates video on youtube. The most important issue is to start an exercise routine and stick to it. Just to take small, but more regular steps
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]