Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: worried  (Read 2259 times)

robotwars

worried
« on: November 08, 2016, 08:15:15 PM »

Hi! my mind is working over time, I keep telling myself to stop looking at the internet but I just cant help my self.
I feel like I'm getting nowhere, I have a dull ache in the right down low where you usually get period pains, I have had it for months, it never goes away just varies in intensity, it feels horrible today...
I have been to my GP many times, who just says its the menopause, eventually he did refer me to a gynaecologist, who arranged for me to have a scan, I had the scan like you have when you have a baby, then they said they couldn't see it clearly enough so I had an internal scan, the nurse who did it said everything looked ok! not heard anything from the doctor, then I went to see the nurse at my practise who said do do a urine sample and check if that's ok, she dipped it and said it was infected and gave me a weeks worth of antibiotics that I took and told me that she would send it off for further tests, I went into the surgery to check the results and was told by the receptionist it was satisfactory...
But I still feel exactly the same, I am on vagiflem for VA and using sylk.
Gynaecologists said to come back in march unless he found something on scan in which case he would be in touch....
tried to get an appointment with the doctors and cant get in for 4 weeks, I'm now wondering about doing another sample now I have finished the antibiotics and asking if they will test it, as the nurse did give me a spare tube just in case.......... I haven't had a period now for 3 months, keep thinking the pain might be me coming on but it doesn't happen....
Just don't know what to do now, my mind is working over time!!!
if it was something like ovarian cancer surely that would have shown up on the scan so  it must be menopausal!!! Aaghhhhhh

Megamind

Re: worried
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 09:11:06 PM »

Try not to worry. I've got my period today and I currently have the pain you describe on the right side, low down plus backache which of course is period pain. I haven't started missing periods yet but have read lots of posts on here from ladies who miss periods but still experience the period pain.
If you have had all these tests and your GP says it's the menopause then I would be convinced he's right.

robotwars

Re: worried
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 05:27:47 PM »

Thanks for your replies, yes I quite agree sparkle, there is always something, as I too have problems with digestive issues! Aaghhh ............... then today go to the chemist to pick up repeat prescription for vagifem and told they are having problems getting stock, so they don't have any................ Aaghhh
Nothing is ever easy!!!!! LOL