Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 3 weeks off HRT  (Read 2074 times)

kenny

3 weeks off HRT
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:20:37 PM »

Just after any experience ladies have had coming off HRT. It is now 3 weeks since my last tablet, in my years of being on HRT on trying to stop the unbearable headaches always forced me back on. Since coming off I had the unbearable headache  after 5 days but only lasted 2 days. I suppose I'm after some encouragement that I have got over the worst,.My Original HRT   stopped working and I was prescribed a different HRT, it made me so tearful , gave me migraines. So after taking it for 3 weeks my GP told me to stop it, hence that's we I am up to .Thanks

Whoops just realised I have posted it in the wrong section, how do I transfer it or maybe I can't
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:40:26 PM by kenny »

linz57

Re: 3 weeks off HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 09:41:08 PM »

Hi Kenny, sorry I can't help regarding coming off hrt , but I have been thinking of maybe having a break and I'm wondering if you gradually reduced your dose or did you just stop cold turkey?

kenny

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »

Hi , I have tried 5 times to come off HRT various ways, my last attempt I done it gradually over 3 month , still the horrendous headaches came after a few days . This time as I was on a new one and had problems within 3 weeks , I was told to stop them immediately. Luckily enough my GP has agreed that I can go straight back on it if I start with symptoms.

Dana

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 12:09:28 AM »

What HRTs have you tried? Maybe you just haven't found the right one for you. Goodness - you've only tried two. Some women have to try more than that before they find the right one. I would personally keep trying to find the right one, as there is no guarantee how long these symptoms will last.

margaret

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »

Hi,

I came of HRT due to high blood pressure I'd been taking it for 2 years, I was just told to stop taking it, it takes at least 3 months to completely get out of your system so just take each day as it comes it does get better I was suffering with migraines and it seems to have calmed down now xx

kenny

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 03:40:36 PM »

What HRTs have you tried? Maybe you just haven't found the right one for you. Goodness - you've only tried two. Some women have to try more than that before they find the right one. I would personally keep trying to find the right one, as there is no guarantee how long these symptoms will last.

Thanks Dana,
I suppose I have been lucky, the one I was on for 7 years , had no problems then it 'stopped' working hence the recent one. Up to now I feel great no need for HRT , keep thinking the bubble is going to burst...From other replies it looks like I won't feel confident until around 3 month .