Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Asthma  (Read 19498 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Asthma
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2016, 10:04:59 PM »

Familiarty breeds contempt!  At a time when medics have been advised to be more human, i.e. introduce themselves, take time to explain - looks like it hasn't changed since I was a Girl - often we had to explain to patients what the SHO's had suggested  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »

Oh Annie, that must have been so difficult and traumatic. Not to be treated appropriately and not to have support. It takes time to recover emotionally as well as physically doesn't it?

I was ill for a while beforehand, but tried to keep going. When I had a chest infection 3 years ago, I knew I was ill. I did it dramatically by being sent to hospital by ambulance and spent 24 hours in the high dependency ward, followed by 24 hours in a side ward. This time took longer, but less dramatic. Well it started with a 31/2 hour wait in A&E. so I thought I wasn't that ill as I wasn't being looked after. It was the doctor who discharged me who said I had been very ill and this GP! I now feel a bit shocked, but I'm now in the right frame of mind to recover and not to worry. All it takes is being told! I did get ABs intravenously, etc. And I do have a good support network.

I hope life has treated you better since and that you have been able to enjoy your family. And you deserve to be treated with loving kindness, which sadly your ex was unable to do. That was about him not you.

Annie0710

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »

Aw bless you Juju, yes life became very kind after that, I met up with a man I'd grown up with (our dads were best friends and I've known OH 46 years now) , we met at a time our exes had been nasty and we were both single so started a friendship, within a week I told him I want a relationship, luckily he did too, he'd never have let me be ill that long without adequate care and he's been brill through meno, that ex would've run a mile the minute he couldn't have had sex !

groundhog

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2016, 10:33:12 PM »

JuJu I so sorry to hear about the events of late,  you poor thing,sounds like you have had a rough time!
Coupled with the noise of hospital, it's unbearable especially when you have a snorer in with you.  Glad you are home and hopefully now will take it very very easy. 
Sorry I haven't commented before now - you are always so kind and thoughtful to me xx
Sleep well lovely Ju Ju xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2016, 02:48:15 AM »

GH, bless you! I know you are there and part of my support system. You don't have to comment!

I'm awake and up, but as this lovely doctor explained, one of the side effects of the steroids is poor sleep. My chest hurts and being upright helps for a while. I may not be physically in good shape, but mentally calm. This will pass. Thank you the lovely doctor, I saw.

Annie, lovely to hear that you have a relationship with a man who is able to treat you with the loving kindness you deserve.

Ju Ju

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2016, 07:08:14 AM »

This morning, I woke up rejoicing after 8 whole hours of sleep and breathing with more ease. Normally, I have to get up in the night and sometimes sit up for an hour or so to clear my chest, not being comfortable anywhere. I feel such relief and I haven't used any inhaler yet! I feel like bouncing, but only mentally. DH has just said, "Don't even think of doing anything today!" So don't worry, I'm not going to be silly! He's on my case! Oh the relief!

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2016, 01:43:29 PM »

So listen to what 'he' tells you  ;) - lots on TV F1 qualifying right now …….

CLKD

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2019, 03:49:09 PM »

:bounce:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]