Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Asthma  (Read 19032 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Asthma
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 03:37:23 PM »

Very exhausted today. Woke up struggling with breathing, so was more comfortable up. My peak flow was lower in the night, but rose in the day time. DH has decided to take me back to the doctors on Friday, even though I won't have finished this current steroid course. He wants to insist on more aggressive treatment or least know what our options are. Also he can tell it how it is, rather than how I present myself when I see the doctor. The treatment so far is stopping things becoming dangerous, but I'm not getting better. My lungs are tired.

Ju Ju

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 04:20:01 PM »

Thank you! Feeling rather sorry for myself. Talking to my paramedic son who is not satisfied with my treatment. But I think I been treated conservatively, which probably usually works. I wish I could see a doctor who knows my history, rather than a locum. At least he started delving back and listening this last time.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »

Ju Ju, I'm really sorry you still feel so poorly, asthma is the pits!

I think it's a really good idea to take hubby with you on Friday: when we are low we sometimes don't have the energy to fight and to be as assertive as we need to be. Let him take over for you!

I send you my very best wishes and hope you start to mend soon x

Ju Ju

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 04:56:27 PM »

Thank you! DH is a good resource! He seems to command respect without demanding it or even thinking about it. I have exploited this a lot in the past. ( eg parent evenings for child with dyslexia. I told him what we wanted beforehand and sat back and let him do his thing!)

Ju Ju

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 06:38:10 PM »

DH took me to drs today, who sent me to hospital to be assessed. As they were so busy I had to wait 31/2 hrs in the A&E waiting room. DH told them he was taking me home if they didn't find me somewhere more comfortable. I was too poorly. They found a cubicle then after tests and X-ray I'm staying overnight. They're not convinced it's asthma. Going to check for clots. All good fun ....not.

Ju Ju

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 04:10:58 PM »

I've got pneumonia

Ju Ju

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »

They didn't say. But I'm being dosed up with ABs. I have to stay in here at least until Monday. The young registrars didn't seem to really know, but I saw the consultant this morning. I was actually more ill when I had a chest infection 3 years ago. They've put me in the ward for respiratory problems. Two bed room with own loo, which is just as well as my IBS is playing up. Sharing with nice lady, same age and retired teacher like me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 05:27:46 PM »

Oh Dear.   Hopefully you will have lots to chat about with the ex-teacher sharing!  Put the World to rights! ?

Pneumonia can be difficult to diagnose so one can't be too careful, in case!

:foryou:

Ju Ju

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »

Thank you! Actually feel worse today despite managing to sleep. Doctor came in to say blood work showed O2 levels have dipped. Lost my appetite too. Still room mate and I have made a date to watch strictly. If you have to be in hospital not bad place to be and good company.

Hurdity

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2016, 07:14:48 PM »

Oh dear - Ju Ju - I am so sorry to hear you are in hospital with pneumonia but at least you now have a diagnosis and will be getting proper treatment. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery and enjoy your private room with your room-mate :)

Take care.

:foryou:

Hurdity x

Ju Ju

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2016, 08:22:57 PM »

Hi all, still here and not likely to be going hope yet. My blood work shows slight improvement in some areas, but worse in others. Just had a chest xray which showed slight improvement. My IBS is playing up too, so I'm a bit the wars. Still fingers crossed so things start progressing quicker. I will see the consultant tomorrow.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2016, 08:25:01 PM »

:bighug:  is your room mate still there? 

groundhog

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »

Hi Ju Ju,
Glad there is some improvement albeit slow.  I hope your ward isn't too nosiy and you are managing to get some rest,  do you have earplugs?  I started using meditation apps when I was in hospital and still use them to this day. How many people in your room?  Do you have company ?
Thinking Of you  and glad you are getting Good care and hopefully lots of rest xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 09:33:45 PM »

My room mate goes home tomorrow hopefully for her. I will miss her. It can be noisy, but not as bad as the ward I was in last time. I slept about 5 hours last night and dosed most of the day, but feel a bit livelier now. It will be great if I feel like this tomorrow. Just had a nose bleed.... messy. I'm having injections to prevent blood clots and O2 plus weak blood vessels in the nostrils that only trouble me when I'm ill since starting hrt. Goodnight all.

Annie0710

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »

Aw bless you I hope you continue on your recovery

I had pneumonia in both lungs in 2008 plus pleurisy, our hospital was Jam packed that winter and I had to keep going for X-rays to check the ABs were working. It took about 10 weeks before I was back to normal so take your recovery slowly and when you start to feel better don't rush around x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6