Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Flashing lights in eyes  (Read 15668 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flashing lights in eyes
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2019, 10:52:19 AM »

I walked out of the session where I was told that I had to 'think something bad in order to have a panic attack'.  I could have hit the woman  :bang: :bang: if it were that easy as to 'relax' she and those like her would be out of a job  >:(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2019, 10:58:23 AM »

Yes, I understand lady. You've had over 40 years of it, it must be hard. It's hard for me too, and I've only had 4/5 years.....it all seems sooo weired, almost like we're expecting something to happen...it's gonna take some time for you I should imagine, but, at least now you can ‘see' ....and try and move on in a positive state...keep going lady, I know you can undo all the horribles from the last 40 odd years.....life is short, and nows the time to embrace it....before its too late....you've come a long long way, and it's so nice to read what your actually saying now...the more you do, like you say, you can do more now, the more you will do.....keep going honey.....😘xx

jaypo

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2019, 12:08:00 PM »

Every one of us are so different,how we deal with things,we all have different safety mechanisms,you're right jill, I was the same,things would be said or done and 9/10 I'd shrug my shoulders and move on,now,things go round and round in my head,not even very important things, I lay awake last night for instance fuming at the vet because she keeps giving us more and more treatments,costing us a small fortune,the same scenario going over and over in my head,whereas I should just tell her,ok enough,which I'm going to do today,otherwise it'll keep me awake tonight too.
Yep,was a brilliant evening jill,once we both live up in Scotland we'll be alcoholics 🥴🥴🥴😆😂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2019, 01:41:28 PM »

:'( another thread jaypo ?  :'(

Wrensong

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2019, 02:49:22 PM »

Yes Ladybt, MPA & Provera one & the same.  I'm so sorry to know it had such shockingly horrific effects for you & thank you for the warning, but I daren't search for your post about it as I've only just started it & my experience in the first cycle was not too promising.  More used to physical side effects proving the deal breaker with prog, but with MPA the worst so far have been psychological.  I couldn't wait to stop it at 10 days & that was only on 2.5mg.  Can't imagine I would be able to continue on such a low dose long term anyway, but my lovely, very experienced Endo wanted to keep prog to an absolute minimum as I do so badly on it & am only on very low dose oestrogen currently.  Anyway, won't say more about that here as have again gone off piste, or maybe as it's prog we're talking about I got those last 2 words the wrong way round! 

Totally agree there are too few forms of progesterone, given how badly it affects so many of us.  The ignorance about women needing HRT long term postmenopause dismays me too.  Though we no longer have the difficult troublesome fluctuations of peri to deal with, we have basically flatlined & for some of us, that's when the real problems begin.   

What you say about a shift in the general population is very interesting.  I've had many a discussion with a nurse friend about the possibility that manipulating sex hormones by using BCPs in fertile years (as most of our generation have done at some point) may be behind some of the problems you list - a bit of an unsuspected ticking time bomb.  Though advances in pharmaceuticals offer possibilities that were unavailable to previous generations, we are also pretty much guinea pigs as regards long term effects of messing with nature.  Don't get me wrong here - I took the pill & now take HRT & both have got me into trouble in some ways, but it can be a sobering thought that we are reliant on medication for adequate quality of life.

See what you did there Ladybt??!! Got me going off piste all over again!!  All very interesting ladies & great to chat to you all & exchange ideas. 

Sorry Jaypo - your flashing light thread has got seriously derailed.  So hard not to get involved in discussion about other interesting points raised though! :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:55:33 PM by Wrensong »

jaypo

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2019, 03:09:14 PM »

😆🤣 that's ok wrensong,think all my questions have been answered anyway xx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]