Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Design architecture package (Moving house)  (Read 6103 times)

Hurdity

Re: Moving house
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 07:37:06 PM »

Bye bye Gangan - thanks for letting us know you've gone and why - otherwise we might worry about names in black - although you could just have gone quiet - but then you might end up getting pm's which you might not want! Good luck with your house sale anyway.

All the best with your move too Woodlands - hope you find some peace.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 06:39:52 PM »

We've had a discussion  ;D

Whilst we have everything we require: good dentist practice, helpful GP, access to things we like: I crave a view.  DH won't: apparently : move any further North than York so that's Northumberland out.  Move across the mid-Wales but NHS services aren't as good these days. 

Derbyshire is as far from the sea as we are already and as we age we won't be walking up Mam Tor every day! 

So looking at Barnstable area this afternoon  ;D.  Shropshire is good too .........

daska86

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 09:40:52 PM »

We've been looking in Devon CLKD as,I would love to see something other than houses. .Brother lives in Shropshire, some lovely areas up there.

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 11:02:12 PM »

DH won’t move north of here, as it’s colder and wetter. Pretty wet here too! We’re looking locally, as there are one or two potential future issues, but as the location is lovely......difficult to better. So many places to walk here which has been such a blessing this last year. Still it’s fun looking.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 10:34:14 AM »

I love looking but do try to keep within our potential budget  ;D ........ it's more rooms I want to display our items and paintings.  Apart from our bathroom which is calm, the rest of the place is cluttered.  We love what we have but the room shapes are awkward ........ I would like it all in 3 rooms to enjoy  ::) : plus the swimming pool off our bedroom and a view  :whist: - from the swimming pool off our bedroom.

daska86

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 09:27:45 PM »

Been looking again today, I don't think my bungalow exists. If I like the house I don't like the garden and vice versa. I'd
love to build my own, best buy a lottery ticket this week .😂😂

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 09:45:09 AM »

Yep.  I've been looking on rightMove again.  Torquay area.  2 bedrooms with garden we can afford but they are too small.  Even the dooer-uppers are over £250.00  :o and we don't want a project.  The current house could be a project if we allowed it to be  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2021, 07:54:31 AM »

Torbay is expensive. It depends on why you want to move? If you want space around you and a view then you'd need a fair bit more than £250k in that area. Are you in a cheaper area now? It's fun to explore different areas though. 

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2021, 08:50:37 AM »

We live in an expensive area. Years ago, when we moved here in 1986, we had a plan to upgrade to a bigger, better home, but the very high mortgage interest rates of the 90s, failure of endowment policies to produce the original projected funds , put an end to that plan. Now we have been told bungalows are being sold for stupid money around here according to an estate agent/friend, who queried why on earth we would want to move. We stay in the area because of family and friends. But looking at what we could buy elsewhere is fun. Almost makes up for the struggles in paying the mortgage years back.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2021, 09:20:09 AM »

Area here not cheap.  We moved in the early 1980s as a stop gap then rates went up.  So we stayed. It took me 11 years to feel settled and we've done plenty to the house since we paid off the mortgage.   I crave a view.  Our 1st flat was opposite the beach and backed onto moorland towards mountains.  The night we moved out, the sea came into the flat - 3 floors up  :o

Also, the noise: constant building of new estates with houses 1 couldn't swing a cat round in, almost double the price that ours is valued at  >:(.  With no garden  :o.  We have a cabin, a shed, a large pond system, patio and veg plot ......... without the view.

Ju Ju

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2021, 03:09:59 PM »

We don’t have much of a view, other than the one we created of garden, animal and bird life. We had had to put up a fence for privacy, which spoils the view, but we were on view from the public pathway! The fence went up when people started waving when I was slobbing on the settee watching TV in my PJs! Went and and looked (dressed!) Yep! Very good view! My SIL put a lovely fence up and we got a beech hedge up. When we came here, I found peace. The bungalow isn’t beautiful, but welcomed us. I’d be fine if we didn’t move. It’s DH who wants to move, but I have final say! It would have to be special to convince me.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2021, 03:46:01 PM »

We don't have time in our week to buy a small flat overlooking the sea/view .......... in normal times we are out and about so much.

CLKD

Design Computer package (Moving house)
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2021, 03:44:17 PM »

Anyone have a personal architecture computer package, I want to begin designing our extension . 
Pages: 1 [2]