Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Prague another shooting  (Read 78570 times)

dulciana

Re: Nice :-( - Munich - next?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 12:13:34 PM »

Tinkerbell

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »

My son obviously gave me a watered down version of events when he was over there.
His school have told us to look out for symptoms of PTSD and they are trying to get help put in place for the students when they return to school in September as it looks like they all went through a very traumatic experience.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 02:39:08 PM »

I doubt very much if things were handled well that there will be PTSD.  They were in the situation so could see what was happening ……… what I would suggest is that each student is asked to write an essay during the Summer break about the trip over-all which will put it into perspective.  No counselling when were kids and we survived  ::)

Talking amongst themselves too is probably the best way to go, will he be in contact face-2-face with friends?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 05:06:01 PM »

He has been speaking to friends about it and he has spoken to me, although he did say he hadn't told me everything yet...I am not pushing him on that, I will let him do so in his own time.
I am not too concerned about it as he is a good talker for a male! he also has a very close bond with me as he was very sick a few years ago and we spent a lot of time together.
Unfortunately have personal experience of PTSD with a close family member, so hopefully know the signs.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 05:06:54 PM »

He still enjoyed the trip :)

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 06:12:16 PM »

That's the main issue here!  Enjoyment should initially over-come what happened, it may be later on that effects come out: I deal OK at the time, but something totally un-related can set off the tears 6-7 months down the line - I know to look out now  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »

Now Berlin plus the earlier assaination of the Turkey's Ambassador  :-\

cubagirl

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2016, 11:04:38 PM »

Couldn't believe it when I switched on the news. When's it going to stop?!!!

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 04:54:42 PM »

Maybe the powers that be should block off any areas that are hosting 'events', i.e. street markets, so that large vehicles can't enter?  Note to Governments across Europe? block off streets?!?  12 killed last night ………

cubagirl

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 06:02:06 PM »

Think we're safer here after 7/7. Hope so anyway. Many erect bollards at the edge of such things here.

They said on the news that Germany are lagging behind by about 2 years on such matters. I expect they will review this now.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 01:10:04 PM »

So the Press jumped on the band wagon about the man seen running from the lorry who was arrested and has now been released: a Pakistani and apparently not the man who hi-jacked that lorry.  Who has fled.  Away.  There have been Papers found in the truck along with the Polish driver's body  :'(

London has put in more road closures that lead to important tourist sites …… bit obvious really  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »

Got him!

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2016, 08:34:42 PM »

No border controls in main-land Europe.  Easy to pass through …… but again, he was 'known' to the Police  :-\

Dorothy

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2016, 10:50:45 PM »

I know, it's crazy.  Everyone's going on about the risk of letting refugees in because they might be terrorists, but at the same time they are letting a bloke who has a criminal record and terrorist links wander round wherever he wants!  Why don't they do something about the ones they know are a problem instead of tarring everyone with the same brush when most refugees are innocent.

dulciana

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2016, 11:57:21 AM »

I agree, Dorothy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16