Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Prague another shooting  (Read 105743 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Nice :-( - Munich - next?
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »

When the bridges are closed it causes chaos really, especially with the Embankment being closed to traffic too as it works to divert traffic along the Thames.

Soho and Shaftesbury Avenue is always jam packed with people CLKD, day and night. Londoners, and any city dwellers, are generally very resilient, we just live with the threat and get on with our lives. I always check my loved ones are ok though! x

cubagirl

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »

The police & security people have to make sure everyone is safe, that's of the utmost importance. Better to get home late & safe.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »

Absolutely cubagirl, the public tend to be much more understanding of the delays after an incident like this. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »

4 died including the Police officer stabbed and the assailant:  1 missing in the Thames  :-\

cubagirl

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2017, 06:55:21 PM »

A woman was recovered from the Thames earlier, alive but poorly.

Megamind

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 07:38:59 PM »

A woman was recovered from the Thames earlier, alive but poorly.

Latest update says she's fine. She jumped to avoid the car. I think when she was first recovered she was probably suffering from the cold water but now they say she's fine which is good news.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »

From watching the rolling news we'd assumed the car had just driven right along the pavement the full length of the bridge. Such absolute horror. The poor woman must have been utterly terrified to jump off of that bridge into the Thames. The river is treacherous and those bridges are high.

I feel so very very sad tonight for all of those affected by this. My heart goes out to those poor families.

Megamind

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »

He had been zig zagging. Horrific. I think the media go too far with some of the photographs they show of the injured victims.

The terrorist has been named. What an absolute b word.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2017, 09:05:28 PM »

So do I! I was appalled at the closeups of the injured, clearly taken by peoples phones. I can feel a serious complaint to the BBC coming on!

cubagirl

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2017, 09:24:42 PM »

Media are so intrusive! All those children who had been visiting Westminster. Cameras were too close! Their parents must have been sick with worry.

Megamind

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2017, 09:37:40 PM »

I was shocked when I first looked at the online photos as they didn't have any faces of the Police Officers etc blurred out. They must have had complaints as when I checked back, the faces had then being blurred and so they should. I can't believe the photo of the woman laid on the pavement with blood pouring out of her head. How awful for her family to have probably seen the photos before they even heard from her.

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2017, 11:02:46 PM »

Any photos will become Police evidence when handed in.  French parents are flying in to be with those injured on the Bridge.

So pleased that the lady has been found!

babyjane

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2017, 03:51:48 PM »

Words cannot describe my feelings.  It took my son (who works in London) three and a half hours to reply to my 'are you ok?' text message.  I just didn't know if he was in the showroom yesterday or out and about seeing clients.  Can't imagine how families of those affected are feeling  :'(

Megamind

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2017, 04:22:15 PM »

That must have been worrying for you. Glad he was OK.

I commented yesterday about the picture of a lady laid on the ground with blood pouring from her head. Turns out this lady was American. Her husband died after falling from the bridge. They were on holiday celebrating 25 years of marriage. I imagine her poor family found out by seeing those photos of her which must have been traumatic.

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2017, 10:29:52 PM »

Problems in Manchester Arena area right now  :o
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16