Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 5 weeks in ...  (Read 1596 times)

geminizb

5 weeks in ...
« on: July 17, 2018, 08:22:45 AM »

Morning,

So I'm back to my GP this morning after my 1st 5 weeks on Sandrena - I also have the mirena coil.

I'm still not sleeping well and my mood is low and anxious but the hot flushes have reduced!

Not sure if I need more oestrogen or anti depressants ?!? or maybe I've not given the Sandrena enough time.
I've also read that Sandrena isn't this best but Oestrogel was unavailable last time but is in stock today so I may ask my GP to swap me over.
So lets see what my GP has to say about it - fingers crossed she has some advice   ::)

Zx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 5 weeks in ...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 09:37:19 AM »

Morning.  I would wait and not change, it can take a few months for the body to adjust.  It doesn't usually get where it is suddenly unless menopause is surgically induced.  If you aren't getting any particular side-effects, why change?  You may need a hike in dose.  Some ladies require an anti-depressant alongside HRT.  But that can bring it's own problems. 

Let us know !

geminizb

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »

Thanks
She has changed me to two pumps of the Oestrogel - she didn't want to give me Sandrena last time but had no choice as the oestrogel was OOS everywhere !
So she rang the pharmacy who had 4 pumps and she did a script for all 4.
Said she will see me in three months unless I have any issues.
She also said she might not be able to help with my low mood but said she didn't want to go down the route of Anti depressants until we had seen if getting the HRT right worked first.

So let wait and see how I get on with this one - hopefully I will feel brighter soon  ::)

Zx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »

Give it 3 months . It can take that long to see the full effects. Good luck 😉

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 01:13:55 PM »

How was your mood throughout your menstruating years?

geminizb

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 01:33:16 PM »

I haven't had a period for 10 years (Mirena) so I can't honestly say. I don't remember having PMS.
I had PND after my Daughter was born in 2009 and I took anti depressants as a low dose for anxiety back in 2016 related to a bit of a crisis.
I can't figure out if my mood is low because I'm tired and the Oestrogel may help that, or because my life is just so busy and I'm a full time working single Mum of 2 kids aged 9 & 11.
or maybe I'm just a miserable cow  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 01:41:33 PM »

You'll fit right in  ;D

How is your VitD level?  12 months ago I was unable to function, 20 mins. weeding in our garden and I had to sit absolutely still for 2 hours  :'(. Turned out by blood test that my VitD levels were low.  Capsules fixed it.

geminizb

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:28 PM »

ooh I haven't checked my VitD and GP didn't suggest it.

I take Menopace plus which has VitD as D3 - I know there are a few variations of VitD is this the right supplement?

Thanks x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 10:18:13 PM »

Now you're asking  ::).  Maybe have a chat with a Pharmacist about VitD requirements?  Or maybe sit in the sun for 10 mins. morning and 10 mins evening  ;)

SueLW

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 07:07:13 AM »

It would. be better to get your Vitamin D level checked first.  If it's low, then a multivitamin won't hack it at all.  Your GP will be happy to test you I'm sure, it's the "thing" of the moment with them.  Just ring up and ask.  Might not even need to go in for an appointment.  My surgery would arrange that over the phone.