Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Football  (Read 32873 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Football
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 03:39:50 PM »

The Russians are organised agitators.  As are probably a lot of 'fans' from this side of the Channel.  Certainly some were stopped from travelling as they are on 'lists', certainly some, due to our open border policy, have been travelling when they are on those 'lists'.

I can't understand why the Teams need a warning  :-\ :  trouble was caused, home they should go!

Dyan

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 05:01:57 PM »

I agree CLKD and I'm a footie fan but don't like trouble.It spoils it for the fans who do enjoy it.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »

Of course this shows up the weaknesses in European Borders.  How could anyone without a ticket get into mainland Europe?  How could the Russians arrive on French soil all tooled up  :-\ ……… why not start the Games at 6.30 a.m. B4 men get time to have too much alcohol? or play the Games behind closed doors?

Cazikins

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 07:58:59 PM »

CLKD, if you don't like football why have you posted so many times on this topic?.

Here are your comments so far:

"I can't believe that the hooligans are not paying respect to those involved in the November atrocities:.  Maybe if we vote to leave the EU those intent on causing trouble will be stopped before travelling No, don't watch footie.  Too much else on to catch up with"
"It is being threatened to throw out Russia and UK from the Tournament.  Maybe keep them all in France though sort out the wood from the chaff?  Apparently the Russians are agitators …….. associated with the Far Right"
_________________________________________________________________________________
" The Russians are organised agitators.  As are probably a lot of 'fans' from this side of the Channel.  Certainly some were stopped from travelling as they are on 'lists', certainly some, due to our open border policy, have been travelling when they are on those 'lists'.I can't understand why the Teams need a warning  :-\ :  trouble was caused, home they should go!"
_________________________________________________________________________________
"Of course this shows up the weaknesses in European Borders.  How could anyone without a ticket get into mainland Europe?  How could the Russians arrive on French soil all tooled up  :-\ ……… why not start the Games at 6.30 a.m. B4 men get time to have too much alcohol? or play the Games behind closed doors?"

I like football very much & was hoping that I could contribute to something on the forum that isn't mentioning the EU vote, foreign politics, border policies, & European border. I know we are all entitled to our opinions but maybe sometimes they should be relevant to the title of the topic.
I do not want to cause any trouble as I have enough on my plate at the moment (haven't we all  :() but let's try & keep this light hearted & just enjoy this tournament that only comes round once every 4 years.

Cazi.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 08:07:33 PM »

I don't like football because it brings problems ………. more than most other sports do!

The question : 'is anyone watching' ………..  ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:19:10 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 08:22:14 PM »

However: if you want somewhere to stay for the football:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/eiffel-tower-apartment-homeaway-2016-6

breeze

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »

:-\ I think you should just focus on something else CLKD.

Football is not worth getting hett up about.  It's only a game :)

littleminnie

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 04:17:59 PM »

Russia only has 1 point out of 2 games. England needs to win tomorrow.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 05:03:22 PM »

Will they ? 

littleminnie

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 05:14:41 PM »

Who knows

Cazikins

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 09:33:06 PM »

I'm hoping to watch the game tomorrow littleminnie (from my sofa that is  :hapij:). Our last game is against Slovakia on Monday evening, that will be the critical one.
I predict England to win 2-1 tomorrow, what about you LM?

Cazikins

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 01:51:41 PM »

First Half Report: England 0 - Wales 1

It took 20 minutes for the game to get going but  then it  got exciting.
England had several chances to go 1 - 0 up but no body in the box to head in the crosses.
It's been all England but then Gareth Bale (I just love the ponytail) got a free kick from long way out & banged it in the back of the net, right at the end of first half.Joe Hart should have saved it...

Scampi

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »

We are using various methods to keep up with the match in the office - Ian and Sarah listening to 'real' radio, Kate listening to the radio via the internet and I've got the BBC coverage on iPlayer on my phone .... Ian and Sarah knew Wales had scored when Kate and I had only just heard/seen the Rooney foul!!  It just shows how much delay there is on the web!

I hope the second half is exciting.

Cazikins

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 02:07:06 PM »

:rofl: :rofl:
life is confusing enough scampi...
.....GOAL....
[/move

]
.... no only joking

Cazikins