Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evening Primrose Oil  (Read 8306 times)

Cassie

Evening Primrose Oil
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:22:44 AM »

Good  morning ladies, I have a rather strange query....:) my Dr recommended I try Evening Primose Oil for sore lumpy boobs, I really struggle to swallow capsules or anything much bigger than a thyroid size tab. I am sure he mentioned at some stage that they can, like Utrogestan, be used vaginally, this would suit much better, has anyone tried them like this? Thankyou

Taz2

Re: Evening Primrose Oil
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 05:09:04 PM »

If you Google Evening Primrose Oil Vaginally it will bring up lots of sites. It seems to be used like this mainly in later stages of pregnancy to prepare for labour - I'm not sure why as didn't look it up properly but I think it can help the uterus begin to contract.

Taz x

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

Oh gosh I dont really want my uterus contracting just dont want sore boobs anymore, many thanx.... ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 07:00:16 PM »

Oo-er - never come across that before (vag use of EP oil for boobs). I was prescribed these for the same reason years ago - when they were prescribed on NHS but they are not difficult to swallow as I seem to remember they are quite soft and squashy? Alternatively couldn't you **** them with a pin and squeeze out the oil onto a teaspoon? Not sure what it tastes like though but could mix with orange juice perhaps?

Hurdity x

Halfpint

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »

It does mention it here or perhaps try the other things recommended?

http://www.healthywomen.org/content/ask-expert/1287/perimenopausal-breast-tenderness

Lil Lynn

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 04:33:07 PM »

My HRT doctor advised evening primrose oil for tender breasts not sure if it works or not. Only tried them orally I bought a brand named Efamol they are a lot smaller than the supermarket 1000mg type but are about £10 a bottle. They are more like the size of seven seas cod liver oil, hope that helps.

Beautifulprune

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 05:28:38 PM »

I open the capsules and massage my cuticles I haven't extended the use to other areas but I'm sure it works well albeit a bit sticky

Smokey

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:21 PM »

They also do liquid form see my post on other Evening Primrose thread 🙂

Ann x