Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What alternative therapies have helped you  (Read 17579 times)

dangermouse

Re: What alternative therapies have helped you
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2019, 11:16:03 AM »

I have had an horrendous peri time (for 4 years) and was bed bound to start with but have found that Natural Calm magnesium has made me so much better. It’s a powder of mag carbonate and citric acid which hot water then activates to make mag citrate and is the only other one recommended by Dr Carolyn Dean (of the Magnesium Miracle book) apart from her own one. I mix it into a litre bottle of water with a little pink salt and drink throughout the day. It didn’t have the laxative effect as some Ive tried and seems to absorb better than capsules and sprays.

I still get my gastric migraines when oestrogen goes high but it reduces the nausea and has completely eradicated the physical anxiety I had for 4 years. I do believe that I suffered so badly because of a magnesium deficiency and am hoping it will reduce the multiple breast cysts I had to have biopsied early in the year, as it could still be a while before my oestrogen reduces.

I did find that good quality natural progesterone cream (prescription) helped a lot to balance my hormones but it didn’t address the underlying mag deficiency. I also think that adding in hormones will always throw other hormones out so prefer to build up my nutrients so that my body can cope better with the hormonal volatility.

I am also taking bentonite clay capsules and milk thistle to help remove the excess oestrogen from my bowels more quickly and flaxseeds also seem to help.

I still can’t take a multivitamin (particularly b vits and bit d) without feeling dizzy but hoping once my magnesium levels are restored, which can take up to a year, I should be able to
add in more.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:21:12 AM by dangermouse »

Jari

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2019, 11:33:25 AM »

Wrensong, it's great you keep such an open mind and I'm sure you can help greatly with your thyroid experience. I've noticed quite a few ladies with this issue, that I'm sure does complicate things.

Emma, thanks for the post, but as it's just an observational study, I still wouldn't want to risk hrt use. We all have cancer cells in our bodies and as the article points out, hrt can cause these cells to grow, whilst not having put them there in the first place obviously.

I'm counting myself very lucky, so far, that the alternative approach for me is working and I'm not in a position to be drawn to hrt.. x

Wrensong

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2019, 11:35:04 AM »

Thank you Emma, reassuring.  Along the same lines, I thought the following link was interesting.  Apologies, ladies if not relevant to the main reason for this thread.
Wx

http://breastcancerchoices.org/hrt.html

Wrensong

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2019, 11:37:16 AM »

Jari  :thankyou:

Jari

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2019, 11:39:36 AM »

Hi dangermouse, that's really interesting with magnesium.

I do have baths with magnesium salts and magnesium also in my multi.

I totally agree with you re the adding of hormones! Xx

Sparrow

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2019, 11:44:58 AM »

Anyone here looked into seed cycling?

Ooh, what's that?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]