Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: My experience.  (Read 4708 times)

aarell

My experience.
« on: April 08, 2016, 02:39:46 PM »

Hello. I'm 49 and not had a period since june last year, and was quite happy in the knowledge that i was probably going through the change. I had the odd tingle of a flush but nothing that i couldn't cope with. Then 4 weeks ago from no where i started to wake in the night, my mood plumeted and i would just burst into tears, i was in a dark place and then started to suffer with anxiety. Went to gp and had blood test he checked thyroid and fsh levels and started me on Premique 0.625/5mg tablets. I didn't even ask what my levels were my brain is mush at the moment. Just wanted to share my experience and has anybody been prescribed this Hrt and how did they find it. X

Kathleen

Re: My experience.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »

Hello aarell and welcome to the forum.

I haven't used  your HRT but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you.

I do however recognise your menopausal symptoms and you have definitely come to the right place for support and advice. This time in our lives can be very difficult and the ladies on the forum have a wealth of experience to offer, you are not alone!

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »

aarell, welcome to MM!

I just wanted to back up what Stellajane has said and agree that there are better types of HRT on the market that I think would work better than the one you have been prescribed - I didn't find oral HRT very effective.  I think that dose is too low but see how you get on with it.  I use the Oestrogel/Utrogestan regime which has worked the best for me by far. 

It takes time to get onto the right type of HRT so don't despair if you don't get it right first time.

scumspawn

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 07:26:19 PM »

Hello, I'm 49 in July and haven't had a period for a couple of years at least, so we are sort of the same age.
I was on the pill which regulated my moods anyway but I had 2 weeks off so they could blood test me and that was not fun - crying one day, furious the next..... I've just changed to HRT to see if that makes a difference. I'm not depressed, I'm happy and motivated, I'm just cut down by lack of sleep.

I'm pretty anxious anyway but it has got worse - where I live you can self refer to 6 week courses that teach you lots of strategies for coping with anxiety, and I think you can get reffered for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (which is very sensible stuff) wherever you are in the UK. I don't know about the rest of the world though, you might have to pay for it.

There are a few online resources too - https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome is good - it says it is for depression but it is basically a way of learning to judge your thoughts and work out if they are realistic or not, so it's applicable for everything - anxiety, anger, sadness.......

I still get morbid thoughts daily, I think this is part of saying goodbye to youth and the fact that everyone seems to be dying at the moment, but I'm sure it's linked to the menopause. It feels better for me to be able to catch a daydream about my mums funeral (for example, she is not actually dead, thankfully) and I can just put the daydream and sad thoughts down to hormones, that helps me a lot.

And none of this is forever, things change.

aarell

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 12:15:42 AM »

Thank you ladies for your advice and support, im so glad i discovered this website.  You all seem so knowledgeable. I will definitely have a good read around the site, it helps to know your not alone.