Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New Member saying Hi!  (Read 2111 times)

ec

New Member saying Hi!
« on: April 06, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »

Hi all! I have been sufferering from hot flushes and night sweats since I was in my mid 40's...I am now 60 - do they ever end? Night time or day time whenever. My doctor says that there are some very unlucky woman who have to put up with this longer than others - so why is there no research into it??  I had both my children by C- section, could there be a link with that and longer flushes ( I know, grabbing at straws!!). I really didn't want to take HRT, now wish I had, have no idea what to do. Have cut out coffee, tired Menopace, Sage, and nothing seems to make things easier. Apart from that, life is good.

Halfpint

Re: New Member saying Hi!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 02:24:36 PM »

Hi ec, welcome to the forum (fairly new here myself).
I find the best thing to do is type your problem into the search engine and it brings up lots of threads on that subject.
There are lots of knowledgeable ladies on here that should be along to advise you.
I too have had c-sections but have never heard of the link between c-sections making hot flushes worse and so would disregard that one!

grumpyjane

Re: New Member saying Hi!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:20:05 PM »

Hi ec
 :welcomemm:

I started hot flushes at 49 and they are still continuing now and I´m soon to be 59. Sorry that doesn´t offer much hope!
4 months ago I decided to start hrt, and I wish I´d done it sooner. Things are not perfect but I have almost no flushes and I do sleep a bit better now. Still tweaking the medication...

J x