Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: natural home cure for a VB infection  (Read 7797 times)

natural home cure for a VB infection
« on: March 20, 2016, 07:05:42 PM »

Anyone know if there is a natural home cure for a VB infection?

blossom60

Re: natural home cure for a VB infection
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 07:40:11 PM »

Oops no.  You really are better off seeing your GP.

If they really catch hold they can be difficult to shift (it happened to me), and very miserable. :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:07:21 PM »

What is VB?  :-\

Any 'infection' requires proper medication ……… investigation, swabs taken, Lab. tests - I swear by LIVE yoghurt - the Greek type - not 'natural' on the label.  If my gut is upset then I ate loads of it to cleanse the alimentary tract, always eat it after a course of ABs.  If I have itchiness down below I have been known to lay on a warmed towel naked and apply LIVE yoghurt internally, it's cool and soothing ;-).

Do tell us more?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:06:59 PM »

What is VB?  :-\

Any 'infection' requires proper medication ……… investigation, swabs taken, Lab. tests - I swear by LIVE yoghurt - the Greek type - not 'natural' on the label.  If my gut is upset then I ate loads of it to cleanse the alimentary tract, always eat it after a course of ABs.  If I have itchiness down below I have been known to lay on a warmed towel naked and apply LIVE yoghurt internally, it's cool and soothing ;-).

Do tell us more?
I guess I am going to make an Appointment tomorrow with my GP

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »

Did you go yet?  (VB is what exactly? )

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 04:16:02 PM »

(BV?)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 04:50:53 PM »

:-\

Any news?
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 11:34:27 PM »

Did you go yet?  (VB is what exactly? )
Vaginal Bacterial Infection. I can't get an appointment until next week? I am almost thinking it is just a normal hormonal thing going on. I don't itch or anything else. It is just an order but just mid cycle and before my period.

dahliagirl

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 12:55:26 PM »

After taking antibiotics a couple of times and anti-thrush stuff a couple of times, and getting negative swabs,  I started on vagifem.  That helped a lot but did not stop it completely.  I used a gel that is supposed to balance pH (multigyn actigel) that I tried in conjunction with an anti-thrush pill when desperate, and that seems to have stopped a lot of it.  I use it all the time now, like Dancing girl. You can get other similar things too (balance active is one that comes to mind).

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »

07drichard - BV is very common and is often not treated as it can become a vicious circle.  The treatment would be a course of Antibiotics which could then trigger thrush and other infections.  AS dahliagirl has suggested, vaginal treatments like Multi Gyn Actigel are designed to keep the vaginal flora in the right balance which can help to reduce, treat and prevent infections like BV -  I have used Multi Gyn every day for many years as a preventative.
What symptoms are you getting and are you using local oestrogen?  - local oestrogen like Vagifem will help keep things healthier around the vaginal area.
  DG x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 05:20:04 PM »

If there's no itching how do you know  :-\.  Do you eat LIVE yoghurt, it won't do any harm if you can take several large spoonfuls daily and may well clear the digestive tract to stop any nasties being transferred.  Applying down below can be soothing ;-)
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 11:03:47 PM »

Sorry Ladies been with out the internet for a week. GP said it is not BV. I have no itching just an odor I detect mid cycle and before my period. I am going to try  Multi Gyn Actigel. I also take probotics everyday as I don't like yoghurt at all. I may even try applying down below as long as I don't have to eat it. I just think everything is off kilter as now my periods are 2 weeks long. I spot for 4 days have a heavy bleed for 5-6 and spot again for 3-4 more. Just falling apart  I guess ??? 

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 09:57:50 PM »

LIVE Greek yoghurt then ;-).

Applied.  Lay on a warm towel.  Rest.

RedFraggle

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 08:16:36 AM »

Are you a tampon user? I had awful intermittent infections when I was. I switched to a mooncup and it helped a lot. If you're using tampons for two week periods it really messes with you vaginal balance. I also used an acid gel, balance activ before and after my period.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 11:30:00 PM »

Hi Redfraggle,
No never liked them. Always used pads. I don't think I could of the last few years even if I did. My periods are so heavy the pressure would blow those things out like a cork  ;D
Pages: [1] 2