Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pelvic immobility and pain  (Read 2316 times)

Beautifulprune

Pelvic immobility and pain
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »

Having looked round the site a fair bit in the last ten days I have noticed a fair few posts regarding the pelvis and a couple of knowledgeable members whom I'm hoping will be able to advise.

I am not sure when it happened but I am at a stage where I have limited pelvic mobility and it's very tight. Sitting cross legged is a pipe dream and can barely lower the legs at all.  I get very achey pelvis when lying down especially noticeable on the morning and suffer with occasional but not severe sciatica. Stress and urge incontinence which means I can't be without tens lady night and day. Is this just one of those things or a known condition I can address.  Thanks in advance

Halfpint

Re: Pelvic immobility and pain
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

Hi,
Have you been to the GP about this as the pain may be coming from a disc in your back or arthritis in your hips? Disc problems can also cause bladder problems.

Beautifulprune

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:16:57 PM »

I have not mentioned it because for 6 years I was with a horrendous practice and have finally made the move to a very good practice. The dr wants to get me on hrt as a priority and see which ailments it resolves. First appointment was positive but you know what it's like, a list as long as your arm. I will be seeing her again tommorrow so will run that by her. Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 09:50:30 PM »

Take the list!

For nearly 2 years I would wake with intense pains deep in both thigh muscles, enough to cause me to cry out silently which is just as well because the 1st night it happened, we were in a B&B  :o.  It took all those months to realise that the cause of the deep pain was due to constant bending forwards.  We do a lot of antique shopping and the cabinets can be quite low  ::) so maybe revising your sleeping/sitting/driving/working positions will help also.

A drop of oestrogen causes laxity of muscles = aches and pains.