Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Acupuncture?  (Read 12996 times)

Kate50

Re: Acupuncture?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 11:03:42 PM »

What do you want treated with homeopathy  Chi Chi?

Chi chi

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 09:50:27 AM »

The horrible low moods and anxiety mainly

Kate50

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 06:55:26 PM »

Your on the Mirena now aren't you?  What's your oestrogen regime?
I didn't have problems with my periods or moods when I had periods so when I started to take hrt I was able to tell straight away how something affected me.  All pills and patches once the progesterone part started I got a feeling of down and anxiety.  So I dont think I could take having a Mirena.  All progesterone gives me headaches including  utrogestan.  The thing is to try and counteract the progesterone by having more oestrogen would of I thought make you bleed more?
Anyway gone off track there a bit think it's cos I read an old post of yours.
I have dealt with my palpitations really well with Aconite said it in here loads of times but think some People like to suffer!  I have used homeopathy for many years.  On the depression front it depends as to where is coming from.  Is it all your hormones?  Homeopathy offers physical and emotional remedies.  Have you never felt any better on hrt?

BrightLight

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:16 PM »

Hi Chi Chi - I have accupuncture but have also used homeopathy extensively in the past.  Find an experienced homeopath to have a consultation with and take it from there, I really think both modalities are useful for anxiety and mood issues. They treat the whole person and it may take some time to see results but I would hope that you would sense change happening by now with the accupuncture so maybe try the homeopathy. Different people respond to different things.

Chi chi

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 10:01:13 AM »

Yes been on the Mirena just over 4 weeks now. I've just reduced from 4 to 3 pumps of estrogel to see if that helps with the bleeding ( not spotting) that I'm having. The one thing that slightly worries me about homeopathy is the " like for like" theory  ??? I don't want to treat anxiety/low mood by creating it  :o I've bought some Aconite and it's just sitting there as I'm worried about trying it  ???

Since starting HRT I think it's only improved my libido.

Kate50

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 11:31:39 AM »

That's how  it works so if you have it by taking it it counteracts it!  Take the Aconite I presume it's only 30C so may need a few doses in the day. I take a 10 M  remedy and that works overnight. 
Couldn't have managed without it for palpitations

BrightLight

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »

Chi Chi. If the remedy isn't the right remedy it will have no effect. If it is it will have a gentle action. I sometimes think of homeopathy like a puzzle. If we are out if balance (unwell) we have a piece missing or not quite sitting in the puzzle correctly. The like for like remedy matches the shape of that piece and enables you to reorganise so it fits. A strange analogy maybe but natural therapies work by triggering our own healing capacity not like drugs that change chemistry etc. Maybe this will help with concerns it will 'do something' you don't like.

Chi chi

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 02:35:17 PM »

Pathetic I know but I've become scared to take the simplest things apart from paracetamol/ibuprofen in case I have a bad reaction  ???

So what could I expect? I have visions of me having a full blown panic attack  ::)

deebarnes

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 02:59:51 PM »

Hello Chi Chi, I have used acupuncture for all sorts of issues for over 25 years and its my Go To treatment before a GP but this year I went for my peri menopausal symptoms, I have been suffering badly from vaginitus.  Sadly it didnt make any difference to my symptoms and I ended up going onto Vagifem pesseries from the doctor which have worked really well. 
However, my mental state since having the acupuntcure has been brilliant, no hot flushes or night sweats and I feel very positive most of the time , sleeping well and great energy levels so it really depends on what you need it for most.  I couldnt afford to keep going though but also felt that I didnt need it after the Vagifem started working.....Dee

Kate50

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2016, 03:10:50 PM »

But you would take anti depressants?
Try it you might be surprised

BrightLight

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 03:11:01 PM »

Chi Chi - I do understand that fear. If you are not comfortable to try, then maybe don't. Did you choose the remedy yourself?  If you go and see a homeopath you can always ring them if you think anything adverse is happening but really, they are gentle remedies, if you did feel an increase in anxiety, then it would subside. Sometimes symptoms do increase a bit, but in my experience they are never quite like the original experience, if that makes sense, more like an agitation of them before they subside completely.

Kate50

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »

The're plenty remedies for fear lol!  Only jesting!

BrightLight

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2016, 03:54:13 PM »

Yes! I took one before the dentists the other week, I always expect the worst. Remedy was gelsemium and it helped me to go with the flow of it all. Fear still there, but at normal levels! :)

Dyan

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2016, 04:12:02 PM »

Just had my 2nd dose of acupuncture on my neck. Seems to be working :great:

Chi chi

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 01:59:27 PM »

Lol kate50
I'm thinking of trying something for my headaches first, just to see how I react  ???

Dyan my hubby's having good results for his insomnia 👍🏽
Pages: 1 [2] 3