Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Local Council Web-sites  (Read 1836 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Local Council Web-sites
« on: February 20, 2016, 12:43:27 PM »

How many of you 'go' into your Council web-sites on a regular basis?  I was searching for 'street doctor' in the week to report various pot-holes in our region.  I decided to have a browse and came across an apparent initiative for improving mental health services in the County.  Apparently people are being 'invited' to join in discussions at various places across the County - which began last week  >:(

I haven't received an invite  :bang:. I have this morning sent an e-mail to the GP who is supposedly arranging the discussion groups.  To see if I get a response as to how people have been invited to attend?  Maybe the GP can tell the Government of the day that no-one was interested  :-\ if not many do go to his sessions?  Not that I'm cynical or owt. 

Girls - maybe have a look-see at your Council web-sites to see what you're missing in relation to any local interests you would like to be involved with?

Taz2

Re: Local Council Web-sites
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 10:19:26 AM »

Are there certain criteria which have to be met do you think? Not sure what it said on the website but I wondered whether patients had to be a certain age/gender/have accessed services in the past so many months etc. to be included?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »

Doesn't say anything about people having to be 'users'.  Simply 'people have been invited'  :-\ - must check the dates and times of the sessions to see if I can fit 1 in to my Very Busy Schedule  ;D - then I can report back.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »

We never heard back regarding our meeting 2 years ago.   I contacted the e-mail address which bounced back.

How are your Councils doing?  Northamptonshire are bankrupt, Somerset is apparently following close behind and some of the Welsh Councils are putting bin collections into once a month  :o.

Apparently some Council members in Northants formed a 'company' from which was paid a box for the Saints Rugby Team - this came to light after the government accountants went in earlier this year.  £M86 was muted, monies from where exactly!!!???!!!  No wonder roads across the UK are in dreadful condition.