Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi EVERYBODY so VERY GRATEFUL this Forum exists ladies  (Read 3106 times)

2102bunker

Hi EVERYBODY so VERY GRATEFUL this Forum exists ladies
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:59:37 PM »

Hello ladies, I feel so privileged to be a member of this valuable support network of lovely ladies.

I am Post Menopausal, aged nearly 57, having my last period around 2007, I asked my doctor to put me on HRT patches to kill the serious nightly hot flushes I have experienced for around 10 or more years.  She has put me on Everol Conti and I've been on them now for around 3 or 4 months now.  They have stopped the nightly hot flushes which is brilliant but in January last month, I had a light bleed which lasted 2 days.  Then this month another bleed, a bit heavier than the last months, lasting 5-days.  Can anybody tell me please, will these bleeds stop altogether? 

As I am fully intact without anything being removed, I just wondered as a matter of interest, if there any HRT patches out there that don't cause ANY bleeds at all.  Can any of you ladies help me?

Thank you in advance.

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi EVERYBODY so VERY GRATEFUL this Forum exists ladies
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 04:07:55 PM »

Hi and welcome 2012bunker - if you read the leaflet it should explain that some bleeding and spotting will occur through the first 3-6 months of any continuous HRT regime. It should settle.  It is quite a shock for the body to have all these hormones when it's been so long without!! Keep us posed. DG x

limpy

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »

Hi 2102bunker

:welcomemm:

Like Dancinggirl says, breakthrough bleeding is quite common in the first 6 months of using conti HRT, it should settle down. My GP did warn me about it before she started me on Evorel Conti which helped a lot.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »

Hi 2102bunker

:welcomemm: from me too..... and what Limpy and Dancinggirl said!

Hurdity x :)

Daintydish

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 02:35:38 AM »

Hi 2102bunker,
I'm fairly new here too, still finding my around the site and very grateful to all these ladies to find out that I'm "normal"!!
My gp recently put me back on Elleste Duet 1mg, the down side is that I will get a monthly bleed, small price to pay I think for my sanity! She did say there is a type of hrt where you don't get bleeding but it can only be prescribed after the age of 54, I've just turned 53. I don't know the name of it though.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 10:23:00 AM »

Daintydish - There are various continuous HRT types that should result in no bleeds at all.  I have responded to you on the other thread with my thoughts fro your dilemma.   Once any women has reached 54 and has had no periods for at least a year then they can try the conti HRT. Before 54 you need to have gone 2 years before you deemed post menopause.  You will still get bleeding and spotting for a few weeks or even months on conti HRT but that should settle as the body adjusts.  Dg x

kew

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »

Yes I'm 48 and have just started with Evorel Conti, as have been period free for over 18 months.