Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A message of hope  (Read 62909 times)

TropicalVon69

Re: A message of hope
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 04:04:15 PM »

Thanks so much for posting this widget and so happy to read this today, thank you xxx

ruthae

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 10:34:36 PM »

What an inspiring post 🌟🌟🌟

:thankyou:

warwick01

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 09:49:08 AM »

Great news........

Wishing you all the happiness for the future ;)

Wxx

Yammy1

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 08:15:35 PM »

What a beautiful encouraging post, It's really inspiring to know that even when life seems so unfair there is always hope  :bighug:

Mrsgeeley

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 02:33:29 PM »

Really needed to read this... I'm 38 and feeling very down about recent perimenopause, thank you so much 💕

Hi ladies.

I posted on here a few times, around 4 or 5 years ago. I was described as post menopausal at the age of 38. It was truly shocking at the time. I was single, lonely and childless, and basically went to pieces. I felt like a failure, lost all sense of femininity and slumped into a deep depression. I barely slept and every day was a sweaty, upsetting slog. Then I found out I already had osteoporosis. Life was over as far as I could see.

The support and understanding shown by the ladies on this forum was wonderful. It helped me get through bad days. That said, I had a hard time in feeling I was way to young to be having those discussions.

I just wanted to reflect on how I felt then, compared to where I am now. After a lot of juggling with medication, my mood stabilised, flushes reduced, I started getting better sleep and had the confidence to gain promotion at work. The best part is I started dating and met the most wonderful man, who I now live with. We have cats rather than babies, but I'm at peace with that now. I've gotten fit and life is better than ever.

I just wanted to share a positive story, as I know that some of you won't be able to see light at the end of the tunnel just now. Hang in there, be good to yourselves and take support   from those who love you.

Wishing you all the best of health

Lynne xx

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 05:41:57 PM »

Hi Mrsgeeley

Sorry your post got missed - I always forget to look at the pinned posts!

Also sorry to hear you are feeling down. Do introduce yourself in the new members section and tell us a little more about yourself - I know there are others also going through this who are young like you are and you will find plenty of help and support :)

Hurdity x  :welcomemm:

Kathleen

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 05:57:54 PM »

Hello Mrsgeeley.

I agree with Hurdity in that pinned posts are easily missed by other forum members. Please post elsewhere and you will  find much more support.

Wishing you well.

K.

Helen36

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 10:25:15 AM »

Thank you for posting this... I am really struggling with this whole menopause thing.  Emotionally I feel a wreck.  I feel like my life is over and that I'm a worthless being.  Everything I knew about myself is changing - I used to be a highly motivated, professional woman - now I can't even string 2 sentences together. I used to be slim... now I feel like a tank. Totally unattractive... I know it sounds shallow and pathetic but that's how it is.  I used to enjoy going for meals with wine.. now if I eat I feel like I'm just going to make my size worse and therefore everything I enjoyed before is dead to me too. What do others do? I'm on hrt, but palpitations and sweats are still there.  Do I just need to get over myself? Accept this is how it's going to be?

ancient runner

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 12:33:18 PM »

Oh Helen, you poor thing.
Of course you're not worthless or a tank.
If you're still getting sweats and palpitations it sounds like your HRT regime might not be quite right. Could you tell us a bit more about you and what you're taking? Maybe start a new thread as you might get lost here?

babyjane

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »

Hi Helen, you sound so sad.  Could you go to the New Members section and start a new thread introducing yourself there.  I am a little concened that your post might not get noticed in the middle of this thread, especially as it is quite an old thread.

I would hate for you to not get the wonderful support and advice that is here for the taking because your post is missed.

:welcomemm:

DaisyB

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 11:21:25 PM »

Hi Helen- like the girls have said you might be missed here and there are so many of us that can relate and hopefully reassure you - thinking of you tonight.  :bighug: DaisyB xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 02:04:53 AM »

Helen what your feeling i promise you 99% of us have felt.
All i can suggest is little goals its what i did. I also went meno at 37 ohhh
My lifes ovet hubbie wont want me son wont need me etc etc B......
It took a few years but i realised im the same person i always was just no periods.
Oh i was quite nasty quite angry quite hateful at times. No hrt cos of family history.
Im now 60 odd no periods since 1996. Im on Vagifem due to sever Atrophy.
My only regret is if i could go back id demand hrt not for any other reason but Atrophy.
As for weight its probably pills. How your feeling will pass. As for palpitations
Beta blocas stopped  ine cead in its track's.  I dont take them regularly just when i get the scarey feeling and the symptoms couple of weeks taking them im fine then i decrease them and then stop. Make little goals weekend away. Pictures and finner out.
Visit freinds. Have freinds over. Its important you make yourself do things hugs SuziQ x

Hurdity

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2017, 07:45:02 AM »

Hi Helen36

:welcomemm:

It does get better - and the great news is this is largely in your hands provided you don't have too many other health issues :). Yes do introduce yourself elsewhere so that more members can welcome you!

Hurdity x

CaroleM

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 11:00:54 PM »

Thank you for your positive post.  I can relate to how you felt in your 30's.  My GP in my 30's sent off a blood sample to find out how low my hormone count was, not a good reply, my dob was queried by 30 years+.  Outwardly I was in my 30's, inwardly in my 60's.  That must make my insides over 90 by now ;D  It's lovely to hear that you now have a wonderful man in your life, a job you seem to be enjoying and life is looking bright.  I wish you well for your future together.

Carole

Suzi Q

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 12:35:44 PM »

Hi ladies.

I posted on here a few times, around 4 or 5 years ago. I was described as post menopausal at the age of 38. It was truly shocking at the time. I was single, lonely and childless, and basically went to pieces. I felt like a failure, lost all sense of femininity and slumped into a deep depression. I barely slept and every day was a sweaty, upsetting slog. Then I found out I already had osteoporosis. Life was over as far as I could see.

The support and understanding shown by the ladies on this forum was wonderful. It helped me get through bad days. That said, I had a hard time in feeling I was way to young to be having those discussions.

I just wanted to reflect on how I felt then, compared to where I am now. After a lot of juggling with medication, my mood stabilised, flushes reduced, I started getting better sleep and had the confidence to gain promotion at work. The best part is I started dating and met the most wonderful man, who I now live with. We have cats rather than babies, but I'm at peace with that now. I've gotten fit and life is better than ever.

I just wanted to share a positive story, as I know that some of you won't be able to see light at the end of the tunnel just now. Hang in there, be good to yourselves and take support   from those who love you.

Wishing you all the best of health

Lynne xx

Well done glad your happy xxxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3