Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

A message of hope

(1/9) > >>

widget49:
Hi ladies.

I posted on here a few times, around 4 or 5 years ago. I was described as post menopausal at the age of 38. It was truly shocking at the time. I was single, lonely and childless, and basically went to pieces. I felt like a failure, lost all sense of femininity and slumped into a deep depression. I barely slept and every day was a sweaty, upsetting slog. Then I found out I already had osteoporosis. Life was over as far as I could see.

The support and understanding shown by the ladies on this forum was wonderful. It helped me get through bad days. That said, I had a hard time in feeling I was way to young to be having those discussions.

I just wanted to reflect on how I felt then, compared to where I am now. After a lot of juggling with medication, my mood stabilised, flushes reduced, I started getting better sleep and had the confidence to gain promotion at work. The best part is I started dating and met the most wonderful man, who I now live with. We have cats rather than babies, but I'm at peace with that now. I've gotten fit and life is better than ever.

I just wanted to share a positive story, as I know that some of you won't be able to see light at the end of the tunnel just now. Hang in there, be good to yourselves and take support   from those who love you.

Wishing you all the best of health

Lynne xx

SadLynda:
What a wonderful post.  Thank you so much for sharing.

Really pleased you got a life back and are now happy :foryou:

limpy:
Widget - What a lovely happy story.
I'm so pleased for you.
Thank you so much for posting it.

:thankyou: :cancan: :cat88:

dazned:
That's great to hear !  :)

What medication regime worked/helped you ?

Ju Ju:
Wonderful post! Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version