Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi Transdermal Patches  (Read 9147 times)

ClumpyClaire

Evorel Sequi Transdermal Patches
« on: February 23, 2016, 07:12:54 PM »

Hi all,

Started today the (subject) patches. In brief: Period stopped May 2015, struggled without HRT until now, symptoms since May, awful!!  Other than long term hip pain, further joint pain, base of thumbs, knees, top of neck all cracking and very ++ painful.  I'm 47.

Anyone else on these patches,  how did you get along with them?

In advance....many, many thanks

:)

Taz2

Re: Evorel Sequi Transdermal Patches
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »

Hi ClumpyClaire - I was on these patches for quite a while. The only problem I had was PMT type symptoms while on the progesterone containing patches (second half of the month) and I eventually changed to FemSeven Sequi which has a different type of progesterone. They got rid of the hot flushes and joint pain really quickly - flushes gone within forty eight hours and joint pains eased by the end of the first month. Sleeping improved quickly too.

The first couple of months my bleed was a bit painful and heavy but then the bleeds settled down. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

ClumpyClaire

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »

Thank you Taz2....very helpful.  Yesterday, I had a cracking headache, followed by a nose bleed.  I have a question...when will I actually bleed...between taking the Combi (oestrogen & progesterone) & Oestrogen or after?  My doctor was talking to me as if I was five years old, and she kept correcting herself....so left with a box of patches and none the wiser!

Thanks so much for understanding!!

X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 02:57:16 PM »

Glad it was helpful.  :)

Most women (but not all) bleed a few days after starting the new pack. This is because the withdrawal of progesterone is what triggers a bleed. It can vary though. I'm sure someone else will be along soon with their own experiences.

Taz x  :sunny:

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »

Hope you don't mind my replying as I just saw your post there. Sorry to hear about your headache. This can be a side effect and if its due to the oestrogen it should settle. Some women continue to have problems with the norethisterone in this HRT type (the combi patches) - like Taz - and I did too - I was on Evorel sequi for 3 months when I first started, but I changed too. However many women are fine on them so you need to give it time!

Most women bleed towards the end of the combi patches or just after going back onto the oestrogen only ones ( as it is decreasing progesterone which usually triggers the bleed to start). If you are in late peri-menopause then the bleed should eventually be fairly predictable - it's only in early peri when perhps just the odd period has been skipped when your own cycle can breakthrough and give bleeding at random times.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

PS Edit - Taz we clicked at almost the same time so sorry I've said the same!!! At least we agree!

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 03:08:30 PM »

:lol:  I'd forgotten to say anything about the headaches though!

Taz x  :)

ClumpyClaire

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »

Thank you Hurdity and Taz2 for your insight, it is very reassuring with all the knowledge here on this website.  My Dr is a complete arse, to be honest.  I really dont ask for much, one good night sleep, no hot sweats/flushes, no joint pain, and an active sex life again....I can deal with the rest, anxiety included...

Thank you ladies, for getting me through this!

XXX

blossom60

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »

Sorry but I think this post is in the wrong section.

Isn't this product HRT??

This is 'Alternative Therapies' :-\

limpy

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »

"Alternative Therapies" does seem a strange place for a query about Evorel Sequi Patches.
No worries, I'm sure Emma will move it.

ClumpyClaire

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 07:22:40 PM »

Sorry but I think this post is in the wrong section.

Isn't this product HRT??

This is 'Alternative Therapies' :-\

Sorry....new to website and didn't look/think before posting. 

Sooby

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 07:43:35 PM »

Hi
  I started HRT recently and had a month on estelle due before switching to Evorel Sequi a couple of weeks ago. First impressions - really positive with all the benefits already mentioned. I stitch to the prog half of the pack on Weds so will have to see how I get on with that.

My sex drive has never been diminished by peri meno so I cant comment on how this treatment impacts on your libido. Today though I have felt very anxious though despite being on the last estrogen patch. I guess this could just be the result of a drop in my own estrogen levels that my patch cant quite compensate for ?

HTH

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 07:54:44 PM »

ClumpyClaire

You don't need to apologise!!! There really is no problem -  often threads end up in the "wrong" section but will get moved by Admin if deemed necessary. The most important thing is that you are heard and we try to help you :)

Please continue to let us know how you are getting on and if you seem to be feeling better on the patches.

Sooby - that could be a possibility. When you are peri-menopausal your oestrogen levels to rise and fall as your own hormones kick in but hopefully the patches prevent your oestrogen levels from dropping too low. Good luck with the prog part!

Hurdity x :)