Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Tennis Elbow  (Read 3483 times)

robotwars

Tennis Elbow
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »

I just wondered if anyone had tried seeing an osteopath for tennis elbow and does it work! I have had it now since July and not sure whether to try this or not, I would have to pay to see him so just wondering whether it helps, has anyone else tried this?

getting_old

Re: Tennis Elbow
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:21:41 PM »

I went to see a physiotherapist about mine and the main advice I was given was to rest the elbow, and stop doing what had caused it (the way I was sleeping). I also mentioned to my chiropractor when I visited about something else, but she didn't offer any additional advice or suggestions.
It took at least 9 months for my elbow to start to recover and the pain still returns if I do something to aggravate it. I tried a couple of the braces you can buy but didn't find them too effective / helpful. I worked out what the problem was before I went to the physiotherapist by researching on the internet. A lot of stuff I read said it could take over a year to recover so I don't think there's a quick fix.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »

An injection into the painful area? like a bit of WD40  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »

May take a while to ease off. I got mine just after our son was born so was tricky to rest.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 07:50:05 PM »

Have you tried swallowing pain relief B4 you tackle any chores?

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »

Mine was caused by driving a different car - gear changing was more difficult. I was told that the only cure was to rest it which is difficult but when I had my hysterectomy eighteen months ago I was unable to drive for nine weeks and the tennis elbow pain just disappeared and hasn't returned since... fingers crossed it will stay away now. Rest does seem to be what's needed although almost impossible to achieve.

Taz x

robotwars

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 08:05:28 PM »

Doctor advised taking ibrufen for 2 weeks continuous, I did this and it did feel better but when I stopped it was awful! don't like taking pills all the time!
I have tried resting it for two weeks but its no better, back to work tomorrow, so this will be fun, no chance of resting it there! LOL

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »

Do you know what has caused it? Mine swapped from tennis to golfers at one point!

Taz x

robotwars

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 08:15:31 PM »

not a clue, I work with babies and young children so I am lifting everyday, but been doing that for over 20 years!

getting_old

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »

not a clue, I work with babies and young children so I am lifting everyday, but been doing that for over 20 years!

Mine was caused by the muscle being stretched in one position for a long period of time (when I was asleep) so is it possible that you are spending time with your arm bent (so muscle is stretched)?