Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Yellow discharge  (Read 2760 times)

barmby123

Yellow discharge
« on: December 08, 2015, 04:16:52 PM »

Hello. I had a mammogram as I am just over 50. Everything was going fine but then during the procedure some yellow discharge came out of my right nipple. The radiologist said in a serious manner"Have you had this before?"... I panicked and still am. I am waiting for that dreaded letter and I am so scared. I am unable to feel any lumps or anything. I have read on google that this can happen but I'm still so nervous. I don't have any discharge other than when I had the mammogram. I know this might not be related to the menopause but I felt I needed to talk about it.

Ju Ju

Re: Yellow discharge
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 04:38:03 PM »

Having been recalled after my last routine mammogram, I can understand your panicking, however much that sensible calm voice in your brain chips in. I had a look at the NHS website, which I suspect you did, which says while it is not a usual sign of cancer, it shouldn't be ignored. I was recalled because they needed to take a closer look of an area of one of my breasts, just to be sure. All was fine. If you are recalled, don't panic, as they don't take chances, which I find reassuring. If you are really worried, see you GP for reassurance. Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

Re: Yellow discharge
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 05:45:38 PM »

I can understand your worry too barmby but have found this info (scroll down to Nipple Discharge) http://www.uptodate.com/contents/common-breast-problems-beyond-the-basics

It does seem that spontaneous discharge where the nipple or breast isn't squeezed is far more worrying than a discharge which happens when the breast is under pressure such as with a mammogram.

Taz x  :)