Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: worry  (Read 3975 times)

clio

worry
« on: December 02, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »

In need of your opinion please ladies.  Im baking for a charity I support christmas fair.  Ive baked twice before with no problem however just recently ive become very paranoid and worry that someone will choke on my baking or even get food poisoning.  I know this sounds silly, ive also become paranoid and worry about lots of different things just recently but I wanted your thoughts on the baking as its this weekend and im undecided whether to go ahead and bake or just scrap the idea as its taken the enjoyment out of doing it.  Because of the issues with worry at the moment ive decided to have counselling and have my first appointment next week to try and change the way I think.  Why do I have these crazy thoughts??

Clio

Joyce

Re: worry
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »

Don't put yourself through it if it's going to cause you worry Clio. It's not worth it. Why not donate something you can buy instead, like a bottle of wine, or a plant.

Don't worry about your thoughts either, it's something I've had in the past too. Hubby says I over think things & get myself in a tizz.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:16:21 PM »

It's a bit late to be worrying  ::) if you are supposed to be baking this weekend.  Do you have a Food Handling Certificate etc.?  What else could you provide at short notice? i.e. how many marbles in a jar?  the nearest to the correct number gets a cooking lesson from you or a token to a meal somewhere locally?

That would take the pressure off doing any hands-on preparation. 

clio

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 05:07:36 AM »

Thankyou for the replies ladies. Cubagirl my hubby says the same thing, i over think things, i need to switch off, and I have such an imagination of all the bad things that happen I could write a horror book.  I know it gets him down me going over the same things all the time which is another reason im going for counselling.  Doc wanted to put me on medication which started with the letters cit cant remember the rest but im trying hard not to go down that route plus ive heard a few horror stories about side effects, im already messed up in the head I dont need it adding too.  CLKD ive no food handling certificate, when I first baked I looked into the legal side of baking for charity and apparently there is no legal requirements you need to do the odd baking for a fair, school etc.  It seemed there were lots of people baking for these types of courses and is increasing in popularity as a way to raise funds which is why the government made a decision into the legal side, with insurance etc, basically you dont need it on these occasions. 

Im really fedup at the moment, everything is getting to me, even at this very minute as ive got up as its raining and i can hear a drip down the chimney which was keeping me awake, hubby says its ok but im not so sure and it keeps me awake everytime it rains, our chimney is capped to why its doing it I dont know.

I really hope this counselling will help, the lady sounds so nice, I cant afford to have other things that I enjoy ruinned as i suffer with agoraphobia and can only travell so far so I miss out on alot of places I want to go that I enjoy, having things I do enjoy like the baking is now being spoilt I will endup doing nothing at this rate which will have a big impact on my quality of life.

Im well and truely fedup :'(

Clio

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »

Hello Clio.

I'm another menopause victim and I can completely relate to your situation. This time last week I was panicking about cooking a casserole!
As we've often said there is no logic to these worries but they are real and the result of hormonal changes to our brain. I think counseling is a great idea and this will help you I'm sure. Also I've found that wearing ear plugs at night prevents me from reacting to sudden or annoying noises that can disturb my sleep.
I wish you well in whatever you decide to do about the baking.
Take care.

K.

SadLynda

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 11:45:27 AM »

I see I am not alone, I am often referred to by DH and my friend as 'the queen of paranoia' and have suffered so for a long time.

This week I bit the bullet and have gone for the AD's on GP advice as I need to get a grip of these feelings, more than willing to go through 2 weeks of side effects to feel better at last.  Also have a thread going here with wonderful support to help me through, as everyone here is just lovley :)

best of luck with the councelling, but dont be afraid of the AD's I was for too long.

getting_old

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »

I'm another one who suffers from worrying that the worst will happen, and I think it's great that you've actually taken the step to arrange counselling. It sounds like you are a good baker and I'm sure you would make some lovely items which people would enjoy. Is there a way that you can make something very simple, where you know there is no risk with the ingredients? Maybe you could write down what you think might happen then work out how to ensure it doesn't. e.g. milk could be "off" so, buy a new carton with a long use by date.

Louisa

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 07:19:21 AM »

My hubby says that I think too much too.

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 09:27:36 AM »

To all those ladies whose husbands are struggling with their irrational hormonal thoughts and fears, please tell your dear hubbies/partners, that mine says there is life after menopause, you do come through it and you survive but you do need to keep communicating with your OH and tell him how you are thinking/feeling so he can try to understand, and there is help out there if you feel you need it. I waited far too long to ask for help but we are now working through it all together.  :) 

We are surviving just what you have described and you will too  :hug:

clio

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 06:46:59 AM »

Thankyou to all the lovely ladies who have replied to my post, I had my assessment last wk with counsellor and had my first session this week.  We started with my constant anger and bitterness, gosh you dont realise just how much rubbish is going on in your head as a result of a lifetime (to present) experiences. Once I had started it just went on and on and on, one topic went on to another.  The only thing I didnt like was the fact after the hour was up I was exactly thrown out but more like your time is up so go.  Talking to someone who dosnt know me is good but at the end of the day they are just paid to listen and basically dont really give a shit like if you were taking to your DH or friend.  I felt good when there but a little deflated at the end.  I now know even after one session that im a hoarder of thoughts, I need to let them go and move on but its a learnt behaviour taking 48 years to prefect so its not going to change that quickly.  Next session in new year and I hope it will be a better year for me.

Clio

Louisa

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 07:43:25 AM »

Clio, this is good to hear. Yes we store so much more than we realise in our heads, stuff from the past and present and even to the point of imagining stuff in the future too.  It's healthy to get it all out and expressing it, then it doesn't have as much of a hold on you.  Keep the appointments up and more importantly, keep positive  :)

clio

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 08:12:57 AM »

Thankyou Louisa  :)