Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Sports!  (Read 19607 times)

Two hoots

Re: Sports!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »

Back to the drawing board with F1 qualifying, I hope the race is so good I forget the awful qualifying  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 07:47:40 PM »

Agreed.  This kind of qualifying was trialled for a couple of seasons in the early 2000s and didn't work.  Public were paying to see qualifying and note was happening on Track  >:(.

Got my fix of Mark Webber, DC and Colin Edwards, same again tomorrow ;-).  Did you see Guy Martin and DC at Silverstone racing super bike against Red Bull F1?  Good programme.

Two hoots

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 05:57:53 PM »

I didn't see the programme you mention I'll see if I can download it. As far as today's race, it was ok, nothing exciting and hardly any overtaking. I was so relieved when Alonso walked away from what was left of his car, I hate the big accidents when the car overturns.

A few years ago when I was on a Mediterranean cruise I was walking back to the ship in Monaco and who was walking towards me but David Coulthard, I was too star struck to say anything so luckily my sister asked if she could take his photo, he said yes so she took it but I just stood like a dummy looking at him  :o

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 08:41:06 PM »

:rofl:  bet you kick yourself every day!   Didn't see the F1, too busy gardening then watching MotoGP.  Apparently F1 have dropped the 'new' qualifying idea  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 03:55:23 PM »

Well I ought to do more exercise but right now I can hardly put my foot over the edge of the bath into the bubbles  :-[

Last week I did well, went for several walks and though that the dreadful tiredness during and after was due to lack of stamina. 

As well as walking to keep bones healthy; swimming, cycling ; can help with anxiety.  Though for years I haven't been bothered to undress B4 swimming in the pool. 

I also feel that GOOD footwear is important, both for every day use as well as doing sports/walking.  I see many ladies with bad footwear and bet a lot of them go to their GPs with knee/back pains  >:(

Sitting at the computer etc. correctly is important.  Making sure that the Company provides a good 'work place' and also to take their away from screen time on a regular basis!  Does anyone here belong/ed to a Company who provided a sports environment for staff?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:17:52 PM by CLKD »

Dulciana

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 07:07:55 PM »

I wasn't at all sporty when I was at school.  It was either music or sport, and music won!   Having said that, I did do Highland dancing (as opposed to Scottish country dancing) as a teenager - it's incredibly aerobic and fantastic to watch, even now.  I actually took it up again in my early 30's - my re-introduction to it was doing the Highland Fling at a St. Andrew's Night when we lived down south, and then being asked to do it again, straight away, the same night.  I could hardly walk, the next day!!!!   I kept it going during my 30's (the dancing, that is, not just the Highland Fling!) until a back injury from a car crash put a stop to it when I was 35.    Anyone else do Highland in their school days, or at any other time?? 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:09:32 PM by Dulciana »

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 08:19:57 PM »

Music and Mime, Country Dancing  ;D
I didn't do the Highland Fling until I was 13, part of our Ballet School Classes.  Have photos somewhere  :-X.  We danced over Xssd swords. 

I hated being watched doing anything other than swimming for the School and dancing, so sports at School were a nightmare: hockey >freezing weather<, cross country the same …….. as for running, why bother if one can walk  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 03:37:55 PM »

I used to do line dancing, that is also aerobic and such fun.  Cycling was definitely my thing, think I said that before on this thread.

Hubby is watching the French Open tennis as I type.

Just got back from daily dog walk  :)

I've never been a team player so team sports were a nightmare,

Do you want to hear a story - during a netball tournament at school (juniors) I was 'marking' a girl called Christine. She was about to take a shot at the goal when she dropped the ball.  I picked it up and couldn't understand why everyone in my team was calling to me.  Being the nice, polite girl I was and not wanting to get into trouble I handed the ball back to Christine!!!!  Couldn't understand why everyone in my team started screaming at me  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »

::) ……… I never could understand the Rules, so worried about getting it 'wrong' that I was never a team player  :-\

babyjane

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 03:52:12 PM »

me neither which is why I handed the ball back to my opponent when she dropped it instead of throwing it to one of my own team.  Wonder why I wasn't picked for the school netball team  :whist:

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »

…… does it matter now? 

babyjane

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 03:55:49 PM »

didn't matter then......not to me anyway  :)

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2016, 03:58:20 PM »

Phew!  I remember always being picked last  :-\ …… and remember not wanting to use the 'slide' of solid ice in the playground ……… 'cos I knew it would hurt if I fell down  :'(

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »

I also remember not wanting to join in doing handstands against the wall in the playground because I was a chunky child and the others would laugh at my fat bum  :'(

Anyway back to sports - school sports day  :gym:

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »

Hated those too  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10