Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any quick fixes for 'anxiety' ?  (Read 12886 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Any quick fixes for 'anxiety' ?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »

At least the feelings passed ……… PHEW! 

dahliagirl

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 01:13:56 PM »

Dulciana

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 11:47:15 AM »

I'm beginning to rather like the yoga effect, after two sessions - yesterday and today.  It wakes me up, stretches my muscles and makes it easier to get on with my day.   I need to make sure I read the instructions really carefully because it's not the look of the positions that's most important, but how you get there.  Anyway, daughter's pleased I've started it.  (She was making noises about taking the book back if I wasn't going to use it..... ???!) 
And I've been for a walk every morning this week, so far!   :ange:

dahliagirl

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 11:54:01 AM »

I am useless without a class - I can never remember what to do.  We have a local class on a Wednesday.  It is a bit expensive, but if I offset that by the fact that there is no parking or petrol to pay for, I might give it a go.  :)

I keep meaning to go for a walk every morning too  ;D  Well done!  You are inspiring me  :)

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 12:16:34 PM »

my 2 -3 dog walks a day benefitted me a lot but now my dog is an old dog walks are quite slow and not very far so I am not getting the benefit of them like I once did.

coldethyl

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 12:56:15 PM »

Went to my first mindfullness class night. Boy does my mind chatter. Fifteen minutes meditation is a long time when you are having flash after flash and praying you don't keel over with panic. Still I slept much better last night which may or may not be coincidental. And I walked up bank and stairs to get to class- yes chest twinged there, and while doing the breathing stuff, but it was ok. Just sitting in the chair trying to relax made it so clear how tense all my body is. I couldn't even keep still for 15 minutes as bits twitched and ached.

Kate50

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 12:59:12 PM »

DONT GO TO WORK!

Justjules

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 01:03:31 PM »

Well done Coldethyl.  I have had a look around my area but unfortunately there are no mindfulness classes I could attend. There were a couple of a daytime but obviously with work, can't do that.

Have you had heart tests? Did you say on a previous posts that you had some in hospital years ago?
X

coldethyl

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 03:32:52 PM »

I have fibromyalgia as well so some days it's try and locate which bit isn't aching ... That said, when my anxiety was less , I ached less and was able to do 30 minutes on treadmill or exercise bike easily. I hate all this living in my head.
Pages: 1 [2]