Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A different approach perhaps  (Read 14543 times)

honeybun

Re: A different approach perhaps
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 05:47:53 PM »

And if it has strawberries then it's one of your five a day.

Much like the glass of wine I'm currently scoffing.....well it's got grapes in.

;D

Honeybun
X

BrightLight

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 06:10:16 PM »

Great post.

Brightlight - loved reading that, totally agree about the acupuncture I did great on it - sadly now cannot afford the monthly top up :(

Having tried most of the alternatives have to say nothing has helped with the VA for me.

Is it ongoing SadLynda? or intermittent?  I am wondering if it's not ongoing then it still could be helped with hydration, a change in the PH, pelvic excercise for blood flow?  Did you try all that?

BrightLight

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 06:15:04 PM »

I NEED that cake! :) I have struggled with cravings in a big way (again, that was something I remember as a teenager), I have heard that again your blood sugar levels can be helped with adding fermented foods, pro and pre biotics to the diet, increasing protein and keeping water levels up (our bodies sometimes say we are hungry when we are actually dehydrated).  Magenesium is supposed to help too.

I have yet to crack this 'symptom' and can't say I work too hard at it, but I will keep trying :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 06:59:23 PM »

Well BrightLight - someone has to do the MM test  ;) - then let us know  ;D

As for  :cake::cupcake: - if we share a slice each  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »

My craving on the run up to a period was always something cold to drink. Water, juice milk....Coke  ::).....anything wet really.
It got to the point I always carried something with me as the thirst would drive me mad.
When peri started the extreme thirst that only lasted a few days stopped.

Isn't the body a funny thing.

Honeybun
X

BrightLight

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »

Well BrightLight - someone has to do the MM test  ;) - then let us know  ;D

As for  :cake::cupcake: - if we share a slice each  ;)

I have faileD the test already - can I have the fairy cake?  All of it !! ha

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 07:29:38 PM »

too late  ;D - gone  :P

I remember being really thirsty too - would grab celery sticks that were in a glass of cold water in the fridge and eat and eat and ………. or cold milk, not something I grab unless really thirsty …….. now I will mix chocolate powder into cold milk and drink straight down. 

Dorothy

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »

Regarding sugar cravings, I have found Pomegreat to be really helpful (it's a pomegranate juice)- it is sweet enough to make me feel I am having something sweet, but no so sweet that I end up craving more.  A bit like cranberry juice only without the added sugar!  I have a small glass a day in the late afternoon/early evening when I feel in need of something sweet.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 08:15:41 PM »

I remember pomegranates ……… all those PIPS  ;D

SadLynda

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »

Great post.

Brightlight - loved reading that, totally agree about the acupuncture I did great on it - sadly now cannot afford the monthly top up :(

Having tried most of the alternatives have to say nothing has helped with the VA for me.

Is it ongoing SadLynda? or intermittent?  I am wondering if it's not ongoing then it still could be helped with hydration, a change in the PH, pelvic excercise for blood flow?  Did you try all that?

Its ongoing now sadly.  I have the kegal 8 to do the exercises (when I use it), I do try to stay hydrated most of the time too, I drink herbal tea, water and my own fruit/veg juices.  Dont know enough about ph though, keep meaning to look into that.

I survived the cake btw, no ill effects.  Must have been those healthy strawberries ;)

BrightLight

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »

Great post.

Its ongoing now sadly.  I have the kegal 8 to do the exercises (when I use it), I do try to stay hydrated most of the time too, I drink herbal tea, water and my own fruit/veg juices.  Dont know enough about ph though, keep meaning to look into that.

I survived the cake btw, no ill effects.  Must have been those healthy strawberries ;)

I'm sorry that you have this problem ongoing but I am glad the cake was beneficial :)
Pages: 1 [2]