Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: World Menopause Day - 18th October 2014  (Read 21655 times)

Emma

• Administrator
World Menopause Day - 18th October 2014
« on: September 16, 2014, 12:29:13 PM »

Why not organise a coffee morning/evening event in your area on world menopause day?
You can use this board to let others know what you've organised and spread the word.

We've got an A4 poster you can download and print off. It's got spaces for you to fill in your venue, time and telephone number.

Download the poster here (PDF 679Kb)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:37:11 PM by Emma »

Emma

• Administrator
Re: World Menopause Day - 18th October 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 03:40:28 PM »

To celebrate World Menopause Day, October 18th 2014, IMS (International Menopause Society) is launching a new campaign with the theme 'Prevention of diseases after menopause'.

An educational toolkit of materials has been developed to support local country initiatives throughout the month of October to raise awareness of this potential health issue and many have been translated into key languages to ensure the campaign has a truly international perspective.
  •     A White Paper - ‘Prevention of diseases after menopause'
  •     A short accompanying Slide Kit
  •     An awareness raising poster –'Maintaining health and preventing disease after the menopause'
  •     and a Patient information leaflet
You can download the resources from the IMS website here: http://www.imsociety.org/world_menopause_month.php
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:43:06 PM by Emma »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »

:thankyou:

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »

Wow this looks to be an excellent up-to-date paper - must have a more detailed read (the White Paper)

Thanks for the link!

Hurdity

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »

I had a quick read through the paper and it is really comprehensive and helpful for us.
I only hope every GP in the country reads this.  So much positive evidence of the long term benefits of using HRT.  The risks of HRT are also put into perspective so will help us make better decisions about benefits versus risks when considering HRT use.  All very exciting.
Hurdity, I will be very interested to hear your thoughts when you have had a chance to study it fully.  I'd love you to highlight the key things that your feel are important.
I do hope that World Menopause Day will be reported on the news or at least a programme done to look at this new 'paper' and it's findings. Society needs to be better educated about the problems menopause brings.
Not that long ago contraception and especially The Pill was a new and highly controversial issue but is now a normal part of life for every person to address and manage.  Menopause and effective treatment for it's symptoms and consequences needs to gain the same attention and acceptance - World Menopause Day is a step in the right direction.
DG xxx

Mwapemusonda

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »

Is there anything happening in Hertfordshire? Please let me know

Charity

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »

Mwapemusondo - this all happened last year and I'm not sure whether there is another this year???  Dg x

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 07:58:34 AM »

World Menopause Day is an annual event.
This year has some good news - http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29497.0.html
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:10:36 AM by Emma »