Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Flu Jab 2015  (Read 14559 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flu Jab 2015
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 04:21:05 PM »

'flu happens so fast it is unlikely to be 'in the system'  :(.  Both times I went to bed OK and the next morning woke ill.

Mum in Law was so ill she couldn't move from the settee after the 2nd jab.  She couldn't get to the 'phone …… so sat for 3 days dozing, sweating, hoping that someone would call in …….. fortunately his brother realised something was amiss.

The medical profession are renowned for not acknowledging that the 'flu jab can produce 'flu !  Over the course of 45 years I've known several 'healthy' people suffer within 24 hours of getting the jab.  Fortunately my Mum seems OK this time.

Limpy

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »

'flu happens so fast it is unlikely to be 'in the system'  :(.  Both times I went to bed OK and the next morning woke ill.

Mum in Law was so ill she couldn't move from the settee after the 2nd jab.

CLKD - The reason flu happens so fast is because it is already in the system.
Especially when you woke up with it, where'd it come from if it wasn't already in your system?

Also - by vaccinating every one allows more viruses to enter the populous.  We didn't have HIV/Aids before ……..

So, What caused HIV, is it the Flu Jab or the anti HIV medication?
I seem to remember AIDs was prevalent in Africa way before either the flu jab or anti HIV
stuff were widely used.

You don't get flu immediately after a flu jab according to nurse at my surgery. If you catch flu within 3 weeks of jab, the flu was already in your system.

That's exactly what the nurses have said to me when getting the flu jab.

Taz2

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2015, 05:59:42 PM »

Don't we have this discussion every year?  ;D

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »

Probably ..............  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 06:15:28 PM »

We do indeed, and the nurses in my surgery along with the GPs have the vaccine every year.

Hubby is neither up nor down.....absolutely fine as he always is. I started getting my children vaccinated as soon as they were old enough and my neice had her young ones done last year.

I bet you CLKD if there was a vaccine against the Noro Virus you would be at the top of the queue, oh and I would be next in line  ::)

I hope we all stay flu and Noro virus free this winter.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 06:28:54 PM »

;D so do I.

Because various diseases are no longer prevalent it allows other viruses to take over or mutate. 

thorntrees

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2015, 06:32:45 PM »

The flu vaccine is not a live vaccination therefore you cannot catch the flu from having the jab, you may of course develop a virus around the same time but that is coincidental.
That at least is my understanding.

Thorntrees

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »

That is what the medical profession leads us to believe - but I have many friends/relatives that know differently.

honeybun

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2015, 06:35:17 PM »

I still think the sensible and safe thing to do is to take advantage of the flu jab.

None of us have access to the research that has been done, but I do know that it does give some protection against a virus that can potentially kill the vulnerable and the elderly. I neither know nor care whether GPs get paid to give us the injection.

You are absolutely right thorntrees. It's scaremongering for some bizarre reason.

CLKD can you quote your sources.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2015, 06:36:59 PM »

Sorry you've lost me :-\

GPs have been telling patients that it isn't possible to 'get flu from the vaccination' …….. ever since God was a lad ;-).  But I have friends/family that have suffered 'flu, only when they have had the jab  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2015, 06:40:47 PM »

Then they have been incubating the virus.

It's not a live vaccine so it's simply not possible. You may feel a little bit off, but that is rare. The most common side effect is a sore arm.

NHS website says

Can the flu jab cause flu?

No. The vaccine does not contain any live viruses, so it cannot cause flu. You may get a slight temperature and aching muscles for a couple of days afterwards, and your arm may feel a bit sore where you had the injection. Other reactions are rare, and flu jabs are very safe.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »

Can't be a co-incidence though.  If that is the case, then the jab has triggered the virus   â€¦â€¦..  enough to make M in L very ill.  She'd never had 'flu symptoms until those two injections.  After she didn't have the 3rd she never had 'flu symptoms  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2015, 06:54:22 PM »

It can't cause anything....it's not a live virus.

Is that your reason for not wanting a vaccination.

Honeybun
X

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »

;D so do I.

Because various diseases are no longer prevalent it allows other viruses to take over or mutate.

This is interesting. Are you saying that somehow the flu virus kills other viruses so that it can keep the upper hand but if we get rid of the flu virus then the others can rub their hands in glee and become stronger? Don't understand that.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2015, 07:10:30 PM »

Can't be a co-incidence though.

Yes it can.
Co-incidence happens, it doesn't prove anything at all, it's like correlation.
Correlation is not causation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5