Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hemmoroidhs - do they ever really go away???  (Read 3575 times)

Hemmoroidhs - do they ever really go away???
« on: September 28, 2015, 05:27:10 AM »

I was in horrible pain last fall/winter and was diagnosed with hemmoroidh(s) in april of this year. It took a second doctor to see it/them and I guess they were on their way to heal by then. The pain definitely was a lot less severe. My problem now is that I never seem to completely get rid off the discomfort. On and off I actually forget about my butt nowadays (and that's a GIANT improvement), but there is usually some kind of sensation. Maybe a little ache, maybe a little burn, maybe a little itch or maybe a little swollen/fullness sensation. I've read up a lot on hemmoroidhs and have understood that there is - of course ;) - a hormonal connection there also. Progesterone seems to make the problem worse, for instance. Also, I've read about how as the risk of varicose veins in peri/menopause increases so does the risk of hemmoroidhs.

I often have a "nervous" stomach, and tend to be prone to loose stools now in peri. I've read that BOTH loose and hard stools can be a problem and cause hemmoroidhs...

Does anyone else have this ongoing problem with hemmoroidhs? At the time when they first developed I did a lot of very stupid straining on the toilet :( . Can you permanently damage something in your rectum if you do that? I'm thinking nerves, muscle tissue, ligaments...

Again, I should state that I now have greatly improved. I'm not in any horrible pain at all. When it was at it's worst I could barely sit... It's more of a nuisance now. In my head partly, maybe???

I've also been to a gynecologist (twice) and she finds nothing wrong with me, besides a retroverted uterus. She says it shouldn't affect my rectum, but I don't know?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:29:42 AM by 20032003 »

honeybun

Re: Hemmoroidhs - do they ever really go away???
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:17:16 AM »

I agree, they lurk waiting to pop up or out  ::) again.

Honeyb
x

LizeeeH

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »

Hi

Yes they do raise their ugly heads now and again!
I had my first bout after to giving birth to my son 30 years ago.....he was 10lbs and all that "pushing" gave me piles and over the years they come and go. Drink plenty of water I find that's the best way ;) ;)

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:41:15 PM »

They lurk waiting for an inopportune moment to pop out again. My first appeared after birth of my daughter nearly 35 years ago. I had C Sections so no pushing involved.

Winterose

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 02:17:30 PM »

You can take stool softeners but probably best to read up on foods to keep stools soft and as above drink lots of water, kiwis are good for breakfast and they seem to work for me, also keep some cream ready at all times so they dont have too much of a chance to get out of hand, you are not alone, xx

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 02:51:34 PM »

I don't think that I need stool softeners. My problem seems to be almost the opposite. Had 3 days of great bms (sorry!). The stress of my husband going away for a month plus my period starting seems to have changed that again... Does anyone see a connection between periods and hemmorhoids? Mine seem to get worse.

Which cream is the best? I would like one - ideally - without harsh chemicals. Something that is soothing, protecting, and healing. Does that exist? The doctors only refer me to a couple of options and I don't like them. They seem to irritate more than they heal...