Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Low blood pressure and hormones?  (Read 3743 times)

Briony

Low blood pressure and hormones?
« on: October 02, 2015, 07:05:43 PM »

I've always been at the lower end of the scale, but it has never caused me problems. I have hereditary Raynauds Syndrome so know my circulation isnt great.

The other day, randomly, every time I stood up I nearly fainted. Each time it happened I felt momentarily nauseous and light-headed. This, of course, set off my health anxiety  and caused me to be a bit tearful/panicky  ... especially as I could see no link with my hormones?    ??? I had eaten frequently and healthily all day and was under no pressure or stress at the time.   After a good night's sleep, I was back to normal the next day, so dismissed it.   (Saw cardiologist three years ago due to a low resting pulse - but all was found to be OK at the time).

Being on the pill, I'd have assumed that if anything, my BP would be too high, rather than low? The only possible connection is that it occurred just a few days after I started taking the pills containing progesterone (not all the pills in the pack do, only some). Do you think there could therefore  be a link? Or am I 'trying' to make a connection which isnt there just to keep myself calm? Can a hormonal imbalances cause low blood pressure as well as high blood pressure?

Would be interested to hear what you think.

honeybun

Re: Low blood pressure and hormones?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »

Could you possibly have a virus or inner ear problem,

It's really easy to put every symptom down to meno when it could be something else.

If your not any better by the beginning of the week then go get a check up. It could be something very simple but unrelated to hormones.

Honeybun
X

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 08:27:40 PM »

I have low blood pressure unless someone medical is taking it then its high ::) and some days mine is really low as in 106/72 and on those days I can feel very waffy whenever I stand up although not enough to scare me but it def coincides with having low blood pressure.   There is also postural hypotension where your BP drops when you stand up. It should rise slightly so you can check this yourself if you have a bp machine by taking it before standing up and then taking it again once stood up and it should be slightly higher stood up.
As has been said if it continues then a Dr visit is needed.

Briony

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 03:41:22 PM »

Thank you to you both for your reassurance. It was really appreciated. I will definitely see doc if it returns. (Why do these things always occur when other half is away?!!).
Strangely, I woke up today and was very dry and sore down below (sorry if tmi) - something I've never noticed before. I've also got a horrid taste in my mouth which I always get the days before my period (God, I sound like a right sex bomb, dont I?) so I am wondering if it is a hormonal thing. All the same, I will get the blood pressure thing checked out if it recurs again.

Thanks again for answering, B x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

If your BP is low then you may well feel giddy on standing.  It is best to sit up and put legs over the edge of the bed, wait a moment then get up.  Same from a chair; move forwards and rest; then rise slowly.

Dryness 'down there' needs sorting before it becomes 'razor blades down there  :o;).  We have several topics on vaginal atrophy  ::)