Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Op Cancelled At last minute  (Read 10218 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Op Cancelled At last minute
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 06:56:35 PM »

Nope - this was on Friday ……… wrong, Thursday

"Implants withdrawn in Britain over contamination fear" - Nicola Harley

…….. " suspension of the CE certificate for all medical devices made by the Brazilian manufacturer Silimed".

"Plastic surgeons have been informed not to implant the devices until further assessments have taken place and the CE mark reinstated".

If you look on the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) you may find an up-date.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 07:03:20 PM by CLKD »

Limpy

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 07:15:31 PM »

Nope - this was on Friday ……… wrong, Thursday

"Implants withdrawn in Britain over contamination fear" - Nicola Harley

…….. " suspension of the CE certificate for all medical devices made by the Brazilian manufacturer Silimed".

"Plastic surgeons have been informed not to implant the devices until further assessments have taken place and the CE mark reinstated".

If you look on the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) you may find an up-date.

This one?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/11886891/Silimed-silicone-implants-suspended-over-contamination-fears.html

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »

Oh you clever girl  :medal::thankyou:

Linsey44

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 09:42:04 PM »

Hi I looked on the BAAPS website they comfirmed they are not using any silimed products, and I have since found out its not just breast implants ithe following list came from a related article on the bbc website.

* silicone implants for plastic surgery: implants: breast implants, pectoral implants, gluteal implants, calf implants, implants for hand surgery, tissue expanders, facial implants, nostril retainers, suspension sheets for breast surgery

* bariatric surgery: gastric bands and balloons

* implants for urology: testicular implants, penile implants, vesical conformers, periurethal constrictors, tubes for hypospadias, vaginal stents

* silicone implants for general surgery: blocks and sheets

* silicone invasive devices: sizers for silicone implants

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 07:39:15 PM »

Makes sense to me to postpone operations if there are any queries over any of the equipment used.

Linsey44

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 08:29:40 PM »

Hi CLKD

Good weekend?

I would agree but why not just say that?  What I find odd is I actually asked if there was something wrong with the implants and this was the day after articles were published and after the BAAPS released a statement.

Ive been racking my brains ( for what they are  worth) and am pretty sure they were to use another brand (think it begins with letter b) but I could be wrong.

It may however be possible that the brand beginning with b are perhaps manufactured by silimed?

On a happy note, I have had enough faffing around and decided to book some flights so I am going away for a couple of weeks to get some sunshine and recharge the batteries.  Just myself and my 11yr old daughter, talk about hormones galore.  Should be an eventful couple of weeks.

Will keep you posted.

Linsey x

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 08:31:42 PM »

Ours is not to reason why  ;)

Reasonably good few days thanks, despite having to attend a funeral …….
How are your daughter's hormones?  …….. will this be over half-term? where ………

Linsey44

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 08:38:27 PM »

Hi
Glad you coped well at the weekend I always read your posts on how anxiety affects your daily life.

Off to cyprus so will be lovely and hot.

Daughter had her first and only period a month after her 11th birthday, guessing another is just around the corner as she has been weepy for a couple of weeks and just says I dont know why I am crying. Bless.

Fun and games, scots kids holidays start this fri and they get 2 weeks off, great time to get away, actually looking forward to it.  My husband works in the oil and is going away offshore and cant come with us, so no point in us staying at home in the miserable weather.

Linsey x

Joyce

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2015, 09:20:21 PM »

Enjoy your holiday Linsey. Oh I remember those early days of periods. Mine were always months apart back then. One year at about 16 my mum & I went on holiday to Brodick. Beautiful fortnight, spoiled by me rolling around in agony with period pains. Mum had to get me panadol, which barely touched the pain. Hope your daughter is not afflicted likewise on holiday.

Linsey44

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 03:44:28 AM »

Thanks CG.

I was 14 /15 when mine started, they seem to get them from a younger age now.  It struck home just how young she was when the day they started she was sitting playing with her lego.  I certainly wasnt at the playing with lego stage all those years ago.
Kinda hoping there will be long gaps between them.

Linsey x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »

16 08 1965 so I was how old?  [1953].  We were away at Grannys and had no preparation even though I had felt desperately sick for 24 hours.  Take sanitary towels in case as well as Feminanx (I think is the pain relief that worked for me).  (11 then)

My friend went to Cyprus earlier this year, loved it - even went paragliding  :o
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:01:47 PM by CLKD »

Linsey44

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

All stocked up and good to go. Only prob I promised hubby it would be hand luggage only.  Now I have started laying bits anf bits out. MMMmmmmm

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »

Think of your back ;-)

Joyce

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »

Depends on airline, but what weight are you allowed?. Think EJ are more lenient on weight, so long as you can lift it & put in luggage bins.
Pages: 1 2 [3]