Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Any tips for Cysitus please  (Read 19759 times)

Scampi

Re: Any tips for Cysitus please
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »

Katejo - I'd love to, but as they sell they sell the stuff, I can't  ;)  If you google d-mannose, look for a site with a name that reminds you of Niagra!!

CLKD - e-coli lives quite happily in your gut causing no problems (I'm not talking about the 'nasty' strains that cause food poisoning), but if it gets in the bladder it can cause cystitis.  As women have a short urethra, the route into the bladder is very easy, even without the help of toilet paper!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2015, 05:58:55 PM »

:thankyou:

Katejo

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2015, 02:30:10 AM »

Have any of you been given  Bactrim? It is trimethropin with sulfametoxazolo? My problem got worss on holiday and I had to go to an Italian hospital.  They did a thorough examination and then gave me this. I didn't realise until after leaving the hospital that it included trimethropin which I have already tried.  That brought doubts to my mind that it would work!  I have lost confidence in general in antibiotics for UTI. Have only just started it so too early to te.

Taz2

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2015, 06:42:31 AM »

I can't have Bactrim as I developed a severe allergy to Septrin (no longer prescribed as far as I know) which is also an antibiotic with a sulphur content. I'm not sure that Bactrim is used in the UK?

If you've never had one of these types of drugs before then watch out for side effects such as a rash. I didn't feel well the first time I took it but carried on. The second time I developed a very fine rash which I didn't think much about but two days after this I went into a full blown allergy reaction. The fine rash turned into huge hives within a few hours. Everything swelled up including lips and tongue. My feet were too swollen to wear any shoes or slippers for three weeks and the same with my fingers. I had severe vomiting and diarrhoea and a month off work. If I'd stopped taking it the minute I spotted the first rash I would have been saved the more horrible aspects.

Did they test your urine knowing that you had recently had another antibiotic?

Taz x  :hug:

Katejo

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2015, 05:40:56 AM »

I can't have Bactrim as I developed a severe allergy to Septrin (no longer prescribed as far as I know) which is also an antibiotic with a sulphur content. I'm not sure that Bactrim is used in the UK?

If you've never had one of these types of drugs before then watch out for side effects such as a rash. I didn't feel well the first time I took it but carried on. The second time I developed a very fine rash which I didn't think much about but two days after this I went into a full blown allergy reaction. The fine rash turned into huge hives within a few hours. Everything swelled up including lips and tongue. My feet were too swollen to wear any shoes or slippers for three weeks and the same with my fingers. I had severe vomiting and diarrhoea and a month off work. If I'd stopped taking it the minute I spotted the first rash I would have been saved the more horrible aspects.

Did they test your urine knowing that you had recently had another antibiotic?

Taz x  :hug:
hit

That sounds terrible. I haven't had an allergic reaction but suspect that it isn't going to work. Yesterday I thought it had but the symptoms have come back this morning. Already half way through course. Arrive back in UK today but not much point in returning to GP until I finish this course on Sunday. Any test won't work effectively.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]