Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Pile Panic!  (Read 35856 times)

Rebelyell

Re: Pile Panic!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 08:41:57 PM »

Thanks.  Am finding even sitting uncomfortable now!   Health anxiety is working at full throttle, although must admit I can't find any alternative diagnosis when googling.  The only good thing about piles must be that however ghastly is looks and sounds when described as a bunch of grapes, it pretty much must just be piles!

Rebelyell

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 07:23:27 AM »

It's easy to forget how brutal some procedures were in the '70s and '80s!   I had pre-cancerous cervical cells after a smear 30 years ago and was pleased and relieved when referred via my work-funded BUPA to the hospital Princess Di had used for ante natal treatment.  The burning treatment was done in 1 minute bursts without anaesthetic and you could actually smell burning! When younger women are nervous about a smear I am reassuring and tell them even if they have the treatment it is totally painless- they use anaesthetic now! I never dared complain or cry - you just trusted doctors then.

Did you surgical treatment this time Stellajane, or just cream?  I need to know whether to prepare as have GP appt later!

ellie

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 07:27:23 AM »

stelljane I was just having my breakfast when I read that  :sick02: lol..... I have had piles tied with elastic bands ,but yours beats that YUK!

Rebelyell

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 07:52:12 AM »

Will do.  I am amassing a collection of stuff to use when I get the slightest twinge in my gums, my shoulder, my lips (cold sores), tongue (ulcers) - will add my bottom to this!

I used to stay away at the drop of a hat with just toothbrush and clean knickers. Now I get Pickfords in for a quote a week in advance...

Remind me again of the advantages of age??

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »

Ice for temporary relief, petit pois are best because they mould to all the nooks and crannies but make sure you wrap the pack in a cloth, don't put it directly on your skin.

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:52 AM »

Posh peas for piles  ;D

Every time I buy them now I will laugh  ::)

Honeyb
x

Rebelyell

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 09:12:25 AM »

I only have Asda value peas!   Will put petit polis on shopping list!

Rebelyell

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 08:50:26 PM »

I now have an extremely cold bottom.

GP was nice but insisted on telling me about the potential complications of my inflamed pile, and examining it, she was a locum and obviously didn't read the bit in my notes labelled 'massive panic attack victim, don't give her details'.  Pharmacist was male, but totally deadpan and insisted on loudly talking me through all suppository options.

So am suppositoried and suitably frozen.  Apparently 48 hours should see some improvement!

Rebelyell

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »

Just boring old Anusol.  Bit disappointing really.  Not using peas, found a gel pack that does the trick when folded.

Jeans stayed on.

Hope you are well.

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 09:19:28 PM »

Glad you are on the way to being sorted. Piles are so painful, why something so small causes such discomfort is a mystery to me.

Good you are feeling better too sparkle. I'm sure you are like me...if you could get your tummy issues sorted things would just look up generally.

Honeybun
X

Linsey44

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »

Previously Ive used presto gel on my grapes/plum when required.

Full of empathy for you, flamn sore.

Linseyx

Rebelyell

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 10:11:32 PM »

Kinsey - the website for Presto gel makes it sound like a miracle - is it that good?  If so I will send for some!

Linsey44

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 05:21:31 AM »

I got on well with it, bit weird as it feels warm on application.

When you are uncomfortable, anything is worth a go, i got mine from victoria health

Linsey x

Cassie

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2015, 08:08:50 AM »

Pls excuse my ignorance now but does one sit on the gel pad or frozen pea bag or do you attempt to shove the bag into the anal area as usually the piles are inside so not too easy a spot  to reach was just wondering....

Rebelyell

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2015, 08:50:40 AM »

Cassie, not going to answer that as TMI.  But think about, peas mould to your shape nod you need to get as close to pile as possible?!

Pleased to report I am now internal only - defo TMI - and helped enormously by support on here!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8