Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Pile Panic!  (Read 35884 times)

Rebelyell

Pile Panic!
« on: August 24, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »

I have suffered from piles on/off for about six months [not my first bout, but first for a couple of years].

However, last few days have been much worse and have now had a look.  AAHH!! Have big grape like pile that won't go back in and it is getting very uncomfortable, although no bleeding as yet.  Will go to doctors but can somebody reassure me that it can be dealt with without surgery??

Will get emergency GP appt in morning, but this has bought all my damned health anxiety back with a vengeance. 

HELP!

Rebelyell

Re: Pile Panic!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »

OMG, think it is thrombosed external hemorrhoid!!  Complete panic!

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »

Don't panic... I had one of these after child two was born... size of plum it was too. It gave me more hassle postnatally than the episiotomy stitches!  There's some fab steroid cream with local anaesthetic that the doc can prescribe to help reduce the swelling and pain. They may give you a laxative to easy the bowel motions while it heals.

Galadriel x

Rebelyell

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »

Thanks!  I haven't been constipated, I actually think loose BMs due to ADs and anti-biotics are the problem.  Will it go of its own accord after use of cream?   

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 01:22:13 PM »

Oh I've had one that size too  :o.....wonderful condition  ::)

I agree with GD, a good cream either prescribed or something like Anusol. Ask your pharmacist. Warm baths with Tea Tree Oil and feet up and rest. It's really the only way to get things better.

Don't be surprised if it bleeds, in fact I was always quite pleased when mine did as it relieves the pressure a bit.

I did speak to my GP about having mine banded but he said they invariably grow back so I didn't bother.

Honeybun
X

Rebelyell

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »

Thanks!  Will go to GPs in the morning as need new prescription for HRT anyway.  You're great to reassure me!!

Rebelyell

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:45 PM »

And not quite a plum yet, although that colour!    Still large grape!! :-X

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 01:29:49 PM »

Ask for Proctosydle. (sp)

Magic stuff, makes them shrink like magic. You do need to rest though and every time you sit down put your feet up.

One other thing you might like to try today is ice. Put some frozen peas or a couple of ice cubes in a freezer bag. Wrap in a cloth or hanky and apply. That will really bring it down.

Expert here  ;D

Honeybun
X

Galadriel

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 01:38:20 PM »

Yes RY - it did go, all in good time.. although it still makes an occasional appearance. I call it the Grape of Wrath!! ;)

HB -I remember the maternity unit had a load of disposable cool gel packs designed for just this issue. Who thinks of these things?

Anyway, you can't beat frozen peas in a hanky - works wonders.

As HB says, feet up, relax and chill  ;)

Galadriel x

Rebelyell

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 02:30:48 PM »

Thanks ladies.

Have just been for a walk which is a bad idea - but will try a bath later, then a frozen gel pack [which I think I have from days of frozen shoulder].

What would I do without you??

Cassie

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »

They can band it for you I also have the beauties nothing to panic about they come and go :)

Rebelyell

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 03:06:23 PM »

Absolutely Sparkle!   Knew it was too good to be true having over a month off from health anxiety!  Still, have managed a holiday in that time and hopefully this issue will soon go. 

It is totally unromantic and completely unsexy as a health issue.  I just hope the new GP at the surgery isn't a 30-something gorgeous man.   If so I will lie and quickly switch my ailment! ;)   

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 03:12:36 PM »

;D...well it's one way to get to know your doctor.

Anusol is really quite good though if you don't want the chance of an examination.

There is nothing we don't share here is there  ;D

Honeybun
X

Rebelyell

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »

I've been using anusol today but am running out.  Feel something stronger is called for!

Sparkle - still thinking about that one...  I must admit to not having much hidden away that I really want to see the light of day... it is all hidden for a reason.

Rebelyell

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 04:12:43 PM »

Have found ice pack.  Am sitting on it [with jeans around ankles], whilst typing.   Am working from home today!

Lovely image!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8