Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Endometrial thickening post menopause  (Read 2731 times)

BLD19

Endometrial thickening post menopause
« on: October 22, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »

Hi this my first time in here and I really need advice please.  I am 58 and my last full period was over 12- 2 years ago.  I had a TV ultrasound 2013 for spotting most days which was ok.  However although I have as the occasional spotting since that scan it stopped when I lost weight.  Since putting weight on I noticed I started to spot once a month and I mean a spot just one spot about 20p in size.  I have now worked out that this is happening every 4 weeks then that's it!  I went to my GP who sent me for TV ultrasound which has now shown endometrial thickening and suggested rapid access gynaecology referral.  I am absolutely worried sick and I wondered if anyone else on here had experienced this as they said i am post menopausal yet my GP thinks it's cyclical spotting.  I can't ask anyone so would really appreciate some advice.  Thank you

losttheplot

Re: Endometrial thickening post menopause
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 09:35:43 PM »

I had a 7 day bleed when i had been 'post menopausal' for about 4 years (ig my memory serves me right). A scan showed a 11mm thick lining so i had a procedure to remove it & check etc. All was well. No explanation was given as the hosp discharged me without a follow up appointment. I think it was a period  :o Shouldn't be possible after all that time, but it happened.
I would accept the referral just to put your mind at rest  :)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 01:38:21 PM »

My friend had this a couple of times in the 3 years post meno and each time she had to see gyny who did a hysteroscopy to take a little biopsy to check nothing was nasty and then she was given some progesterone tablets and at tend of them had a big bleed to shed the lining.  This happened again about a year later exactly the same.  That was the end of it and she has had no more trouble since.

The reason they like to get rid of the lining is that if it was left for a long time there is a remote chance it can become cancerous so they err on side of caution and get rid of it.

BLD19

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 09:39:57 PM »

Thank you so much.  I have hysteroscopy booked for Thursday morning. I saw a consultant privately Friday and she will do blood test to see if I am peri menopausal, menopausal or post menopausal.  It would be good to have it confirmed