Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Inverted nipple sort of  (Read 74369 times)

babypink2807

Inverted nipple sort of
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:26:11 AM »

I've noticed in last few weeks when I lift my right arm my nipple sort of sinks in, my other does not. No lumps etc not tenderness nothing

Now I know I'm getting older and boobs do sag which mine are and my right nipple has never been one to stick out that much but it is starting to sink in but only when I lift my arm?

Does anyone else have this?  I am calling my GP today to get it looked at

Ju Ju

Re: Inverted nipple sort of
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 06:26:11 AM »

Any change with breasts should be checked out, so you are doing the sensible thing seeing your doctor. Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 07:39:50 AM »

I agree with Ju Ju. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 09:17:39 AM »

Any changes in breasts should be checked.
Hope it goes OK.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 10:21:48 AM »

One of mine started to turn, DH was horrified so off I went to see the Practice Nurse.  Everything OK - age related apparently  ::) but any changes should be shown to a professional: oozing particularly bloody, inversion where the nipple remains hidden when touched, 'tethering' - so being naked and looking straight on in the mirror is important, hands high above the head, arms low by the sides (not at the same time unless you are an octopus  ;) ) and by the sides ………… every day, not at 'certain' times of the month  ;)

babypink2807

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 05:38:14 PM »

I've been this morning and just had a call to advise I am being referred to the breast clinic in Leeds.  GP said there is something there it just needs a full and proper exam. So mammogram then MRI something else and possibly a biopsy

Very tearful today

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 05:56:36 PM »

Oh Blossom it's not surprising you are feeling tearful but you have done exactly the right thing in seeing your GP. The sooner you are examined by an expert the sooner things can be sorted out. You will be in very capable hands. Please don't fret and get upset, easier said than done I know but it won't help you at all. Lots of hugs

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:10:01 PM by Limpy »

babypink2807

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 07:08:55 PM »

Thank you

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »

Hopefully you will be referred quickly and have your mind put at rest. I have uneven breasts and nipples and was checked out years ago...it was just one of those things.
I could only breast feed successfully from one side naturally...on the other side I had to wear a shield type thing as my nipple was inverted.

Hopefully it will be something and nothing but always best to get checked.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 09:29:02 PM »

Write your concerns down to take with you to the appt.!  Your GP is sending you somewhere that sees lots of breasts daily.  Will the investigations be done as a 'one-stop shop'?

You will probably have an ultra-sound scan rather than an MRI  :-\ …………..

Linsey44

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 10:29:13 PM »

Hi Blossom22

Good luck with your appoint, your gp is doing the right thing for you, much better than being fobbed off.

Please try not to worry, like you ive had appoints like this to check various lumps etc and i understand you feeling tearful.

Ive also had  mammos, ultrasounds and mri scans and consultants doing breast checks.  All of these are necessary due to the different types of image produced and vital for correct diagnosis.

If you are at all anxious about confined spaces you might like to ask your gp to prescribe you something to use on the day of your mri. 

Take care
Linsey

babypink2807

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 07:08:27 AM »

That does bring me comfort thank you

Im ok with MRI scans had loads of them with my Crohns Disease, second nature to me lol

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 12:52:58 PM »

Well, you have come to the right place for support along the way. Many of us have had breast cancer scares or have had breast cancer, so will be able to empathise and understand. So use us! Meanwhile, here's a virtual hug!  :bighug:

babypink2807

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 06:27:40 PM »

I've been ok and been at work, then suddenly I just dip into worry, I'm trying so hard to be positive it's bloody difficult.  I'm worrying and it's making me tired and making me cross with myself. 

I've even got my damn motorbike test Friday!

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 07:06:32 PM »

Maybe postpone.

Will you have anyone with you. Does your son and his partner know. Maybe one of them could go with you to give you support.

The motor bike thing may have to take a back seat until you get results.

How's the horse....you are so active ....I'm jealous

Honeyb
X
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16