Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: 4th week of lower back/leg pain  (Read 2478 times)

2cats

4th week of lower back/leg pain
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »

Hi all,

Feeling very fed up at constant back pain for 4 weeks - pain in hips, down legs, groin hurts like period pains...and so on.  Dr gave me Meloxicam which did nothing so now have diclofenac pills since yesterday.  Bending down is painful, can't walk very far, driving aggravates it.
I've been trying to do appropriate exercises but this is a really long time for me to be this bad.  Starting to worry that it's more than simple back strain.

Getting grumpy and snappy now as well...so hiding away in bedroom in order not to speak out of turn!

Any thoughts lovely ladies?

Dancinggirl

Re: 4th week of lower back/leg pain
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

I get this - you have my sympathy.  I do lots of walking that can relive the pain.  I also take big doses of Omega oils - I recently started using that expensive Krill oil which does seem to be helping.
Vitamin D can help with aching joints as well.
Are your hips and lower back bad in the morning - is your mattress the right support? Driving can be a killer if the driving position isn't good for you - try a different seat position or a cushion?  An extra car mat to raise your feet up a bit?  DG x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »

A few years back I was in so much pain with my back, I was advised to go to an osteopath. I did this privately for a number of weeks. Not cheap, but it helped. Nowadays I get an occasional Swedish back massage which helps heaps.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:48:59 PM »

I've had, and still get episodes of this during this delightful journey, my back went again yesterday on the sun lounger as I sneezed, but righted itself not long after.  Have been seeing a chiropractor now for about a month for misalignment in upper spine, it's not nice but thankfully I'm going through a good phase at the moment

Annie xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 10:59:45 PM »

Brisk walking after taking 2 Nurofen eases sciatica for me and DO NOT BEND - use the knees, kneel if necessary etc. etc. etc..  ::) ………. has your lumbar spine been X-rayed recently?