Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Sage doesn't work any more  (Read 34341 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sage doesn't work any more
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 10:09:29 PM »

So join in then  :-\ ………. it's a Forum after all  ::)

peegeetip

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »

Some people have a firm set mind and perhaps zodiac is one of those people.

No matter what information, facts or advice it won't open that gap, misunderstanding or denial.

Not sure why she'd worry about setting off a good discussion as I'm not seeing the consternation some are talking about. If some choose to step back then that is their concern.

As CLKD said "its a forum" (a medium where ideas and views on a particular issues can be exchanged openly).

I think some are reading things with "emotion" rather than people responding in an emotive way also. This post has been both courteous and convivial to those partaking.

:-\

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »

There are also people who pick a topic which has been a previous niggle on a Forum , drop an idea into the Membership then step back to watch ……….  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2015, 07:39:30 PM »

Or.....just don't get the support or suggestions they were hoping for.

Honeybun
X

Suzi Q

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2015, 07:22:19 AM »

Hi hunnybun,
I  dont know if i will continue yet posting on here as theres not that many understanding members lol, i feel like noone is reading wot i have said, as i cant n wont take hrt, its because of family medical history that i cant take hrt also my mum took it was only one tablet like but it sent her blood preasure skyhigh n if my dad hadnt got the doctor she could have had a heart attack, i know theres gona b members who will say that it minght not hapoen to me but 5 doctors have said no way am i allowed anything hormonal i had to stop the pill when i got to 30, coz it didnt agree with me even the mini pill didnt so got steralised,
I only came on here to find out if anyone else had gone herbal and  if sage had stopped wrking for them but just had a few saying hrt this n hrt that, n i dont ferl like ive been listened to if i could take hrt i would be lol, n like i also said im over the worst the depression has gone, sex drive is on its way back, anxiety aint as bad n i can eat cheeze n oranges they dont trigger my migrains anymore :)) n its goiod goin mths without a period lol,
Im thinking of goin on redclover and see how that goes again
Also been looking at the Neutrition FX that dr chris steal of this morning program endorses, the reviews are good thats a mung bean n like i said reviews are good dont know how to get a link to it but just google FX menapause :)) anyway off to sleep nite x

Dont be silly keep posting I couldnt take HRT same thing MUM actually had a heart attack at 32
Using BC pills so HRT was never an option for me. But I did take the mini pill it gave me just enough
I also used HRT internal cream but sadly I developed Severe Vaginal atrophy later on post meno
I suppose you could keep trying but Im sorry to say ifd there was a help out there herbal wise natural
The company would be richer than Microsoft theres abso nothing in 5 yrs Ive been on here
So many ldies have tried and ok for a while 99% in the end were back to the beginging
Dont give up though you never know? Go see GP and just ask whats he got that wont affect your health

peegeetip

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »

Just to say again. Everyone is different.

Just because a parent or sibling reacts in a particular way to a drug, food, chemical etc.
There is no reason to think that this will affect yourself or others in the same way.
My own mother dose not tolerate certain antibiotics well, however I've never had an issue on these same antibiotics.
Had I followed that same view as others then I'd have removed options that I needed to help my health.

People can follow this sort of view and gain some comfort in that.
However if we all chose this route then we'd never take anything in fear that we may have the same reaction.

I hope others can get passed this problem and seek the solutions they might need.

:-*

babyjane

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »

Pity I missed this thread as I would have liked to 'speak' to zodiac as I am someone who gets easily swayed by opinions and sometimes I don't know which way to turn.

I have found this forum so helpful and I know more than I did when I started, especially about anxiety and that is a real help.  But the HRT message comes across very strong, almost evangelical at times, and because of my personality sometimes I feel I should be trying it and am letting myself down by not doing so.  I know this is incorrect but it is just the way I interpret things sometimes.

We are so lucky to have so many choices and can usually find a path that suits us but if you are feeling confused and upset it is easy to over react, I do it myself at times. I think this may be what has happened to Zodiac.

We just need to remember that this is Menopause Matters, ie all matters relating to Menopause.  The forum is not called HRT Matters and HRT is an aspect of the whole Menopause thingy  :)

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2015, 04:41:39 PM »

Give that girl a very large  :medal: or even two.

That really needed to be said.

Honeybun
X

peegeetip

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »

"The HRT message comes across very strong, almost evangelical at times"

Sorry babyjane but if you think that then its just in your own mind.

From what I see from ladies on HRT, its mentioned in the context of how its helped them, the options, the journey etc.
I've not seen the evidence of your above point.

To say otherwise just lets down those on the forum that give their time to share their journeys through peri and meno.

If others gain from that and if its gives a few ladies some hope, solace and relief, then the world is better for it.

Your not letting yourself down, your just part of a generation that's been frightened away from whats possible.

Thanks to MM and all who contribute.

:-*

babyjane

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »

Maybe I imagined it then, but if you can say things as you see them then so can I and if it is not in line with your own opinions that does not make me wrong. 

I have not been 'frightened away' from anything and I am not missing out on anything which your final comment seems to imply.  I have made the decision that is right for me and I stick by it, and it is comments such as yours that lead me to the conclusion you are slating me for.

honeybun

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2015, 06:25:51 PM »

Totally agree BJ.

Peegeetip....to tell someone that is offensive and you have no right to do so.

It's posts like that that scare off new members.

To be honest I think an apology is required....to tell another member that their opinion is not valid, and is just in their own mind is neither warranted nor valid.

Just because others disagree is no reason to be rude.

Honeybun
X

mandy43

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 07:07:33 PM »

Let me be devils advocate.  I think Peegeetip was just trying to clarify that all advice given is coming from a good place and if HRT related, it is in no way forcing people to try it, rather advising.  Equally, I can understand how Babyjane has interpreted some comments from posters, as many are great advocates of HRT and are passionate about it to the point it may seem a bit full on.  All comments are valid and given to help.  Now, let's all have a big cyber hug from me!  Mandy43 aka  :boobs: (this is what the peri has done to me haha)

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 07:14:40 PM »

We need to read carefully each response.  We need to see if it relates to where we are 'today' and if necessary, save the info gleaned for use now or in the future.  By sharing experiences we all get to learn and hopefully can pass on info to others who may require it.

Knowledge is power.

honeybun

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 07:27:17 PM »

To tell another member her thoughts and opinions are

"Just in your own mind "

Is helpful and supportive how exactly  :-\

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »

:-X          ;) ……… the written word and all that?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5