Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello to everyone  (Read 2240 times)

Zira

Hello to everyone
« on: June 12, 2015, 09:46:07 AM »

I am almost 9 years post menopause.. I had an horrendous peri meno with a 10 year transition.Every symptom known and more.
Twice in the past 9 years post meno I have had flare ups which felt like I was going through peri again..Hot faces, anxiety, awful neck and shoulder tension,dizziness, foggy head etc.. It seems to last 6-12 months and then magically disappear. Im hoping that its just hormones settling finally and it will just go away.Any other post meno ladies get this ?

Zira

Re: Hello to everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 11:07:26 AM »

Thank you for the welcome sparkle.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »

It is probably your own hormones having a party  ;) - probably a shock when it happens!  How's your diet? (I haven't answered your other thread by the way  ;) )

Zira

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 07:59:50 PM »

Thanks CKLD.. I have a healthy diet, so a dietician told me anyway.. I don't eat any meat, no alcohol.. Ive done about everything I can diet wise  to make sure I get all the nutrients.. Think im just one of those women its taking longer to get things levelled out.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »

How long is a piece of string ………. keeping a mood/food diary might help too.

A friend of mine, having been a vegetarian for over 30 years, suddenly 'fancied' meat when she reached menopause.  Once she gave into her 'needs' she felt better.  She thinks it was due to the effects of iron and roughage ….

Let us know how you go!