Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: News from the European Menopause Conference 2015  (Read 13282 times)

Cassie

Re: News from the European Menopause Conference 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 07:51:05 AM »

I was also initially confused but as has been explained, above, is correct. My gynae also told me the same thing, that the compounded creams etc commonly referred to as bio identical are not in fact safe to use if wanting to oppose oestrogen as they are often, not strong enough and recommended rather the Utrogestan and Oestrogel....

GeordieGirl

Re: News from the European Menopause Conference 2015
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:17 PM »

I was also initially confused but as has been explained, above, is correct. My gynae also told me the same thing, that the compounded creams etc commonly referred to as bio identical are not in fact safe to use if wanting to oppose oestrogen as they are often, not strong enough and recommended rather the Utrogestan and Oestrogel....

I suspect it depends where they're produced - a bit like anything really. For example buy your vitamins cheap from China and you're likely to get crap. Buy them from a respected UK based supplier and you're more likely to get what you expect. (Not that we can buy most of the hormones without a prescription anyway)     

I can't see the compounding pharmacies in our hospitals dishing out rubbish somehow - unfortunately I couldn't persuade my GP to go off list and prescribe me anything that didn't just have to be counted out, even though we have a compounding pharmacy in our Stockport hospital.

A friend has been to see Dr Marion Gluck, who has forged relationships with a compounding pharmacy in London and is on a mix of hormones that seem to suit her perfectly.   Unfortunately that kind of choice is denied to us all in the NHS so we have to make the best of the standard levels in the pills and potions offered to us.  Fortunately I seem to be having a fairly easy ride on this, but do worry that the oestrogen is all the more potent oestradiol, rather than the oestradiol / oestriol mix our bodies would produce themselves.

GG x
Pages: 1 [2]