Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zzzzzzzzzz  (Read 5689 times)

Joyce

Zzzzzzzzzz
« on: May 26, 2015, 12:57:50 AM »

Well here I am ladies, coming up for 2am & still no sign of Zzzzzzz. Hubby snoring away. Last night woke several times during the night. So tired tonight, but just can't nod off. Tried everything, reading etc.

Sympathise with those of you in same boat.

GeordieGirl

Re: Zzzzzzzzzz
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:17:26 AM »

Well here I am ladies, coming up for 2am & still no sign of Zzzzzzz. Hubby snoring away. Last night woke several times during the night. So tired tonight, but just can't nod off. Tried everything, reading etc.

Poor you - I had bad insomnia for ages and it's debilitating.  I did find though that grabbing for my phone was the worst thing to do, the engagement, the 'blue' light it emits all disrupt our sleep more. Difficult I know as when you're lying wide awake it's hard to lie and think of nothing.  My sleeping has been much better since the progesterone, I also think the following's helped:
No food after 8pm and reduced drink
No electronics an hour before bedtime, I read a 'real' book in bed rather than off the Kindle app.
Pitch black room - this is the bit I found hardest as I like to sleep with my curtains open to see the stars.
No electronics in the bedroom at all, and certainly no TV.
If I wake and can't sleep, I count backwards from one hundred very slowly.

Other than that, melatonin will help you sleep (and has a wide range of other benefits as well), it's particularly helpful for anyone working shifts.

I do hope you get a chance to catch up on some sleep today,
GG x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »

Well sleep came somewhere between 3.30 & 4.00 this morning. Woke back of 6 & dosed until daughter phoned at 9.00. Pooped. 

I go through phases of this. It'll pass. Always does.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 01:35:34 PM »

I hate those nights of non-sleep or broken sleep  >:(

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 03:17:54 PM »

Chatting with daughter this morning & I told her it's all part & parcel of this wonderful journey. Finally it's beginning to click with her when she realised I'd had a hysterectomy at around her age. Says she, "Surely it can't be worse than puberty!" Corrected her on that one.  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »

It's more up and down than puberty which is up and down then generally settles interrupted by pregnancy  ::)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:54:46 PM by CLKD »

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 04:53:38 PM »

Oh if I'd known someone was awake I'd have joined you ! Did the epic fail and had a kip in the afternoon then couldn't sleep, just started to then OH was snoring 😡 , had to be up at 6 for work, wasn't a happy bunny

Annie xx

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 05:39:52 PM »

I was at opposite end of house & could still hear hubby's earth shattering snores!  I've rested today, but didn't fall asleep. Hope sleep happens tonight!

toffeecushion

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.  I never sleep right through the night anymore, I can't remember the last time I did.  Every now and then I have a couple days when I hardly get more than a couple of hours sleep, it's awful but does pass.  Rest as best you can and keep eating, sleep will happen eventually.

mazzy

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »

I have no trouble dropping off to sleep Cubagirl, mine is staying asleep.  In and out of sleep all night.  Wake up more tired than when I went to bed, then feel sleepy in the afternoon.

Tried several remedies but nothing seems to work.  Glad I am not alone with this problem.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »

I had a long deep sleep in the camper this evening - at least 80 mins.  :-* so if I don't drop off later then I won't worry so much.  I  :o feel rested  :D

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 09:41:48 PM »

Guess we have to grab what sleep we can, when we can. I hope sleep comes tonight for those in dire need!

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 09:45:41 PM »

If I sleep in the evening then no way will I sleep later. I wouldn't dare as I would be wake for hours.

My sleep has been off and on for years. I never was able to drop off on the run up to a period so I guess for me it's hormones.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 09:16:53 AM »

I made myself stay awake yesterday, I rested, but didn't nod off. Still took best part of 4 hours to drop off. So darned frustrating. I'm taking myself off to town this afternoon so I'm not tempted to drop off. Going to try on some dresses so effort of that should keep me awake.  ;D Then out with friends tonight. Hope I don't start snoring during our meal.

Suzi Q

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 10:05:24 AM »

Ive suffered all my life I was a supposed swine as a baby son is exactly the same
What I do is really quite simple@what my GP said stay up if your not tired your not tired its like hunger
If your not hungry then dont force yourself to eat.
Dont sleep the following day know matter HOW tired you feel and the have an early night it works
I did that 2 weeks last Saturday bed at 1am still awake at 3 so up I got put the TV on watched TV
I sat up had coffee watched the sun rise had a warm shower cup of tea some toast and gt dressed@730
Went for a walk on the front then did stuff in the day went to bed at 10pm slept till 7am u can only tryx
Pages: [1] 2