Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: anyone taken Telfast 120mg tabs  (Read 4622 times)

pj44

anyone taken Telfast 120mg tabs
« on: April 08, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »

I have been having horrible itching I have had it for about 3 years sometimes really bad I bruise myself I'm scratching that much. Have always mentioned when going doctors but nothing was said. Moved house and new doctors has given me telfast antihistamine tablets says that will help better than the cream I was given by different doctor I saw a month before. But I'm scared to take them because of anxiety. I am finding I'm So sensitive to  nearly everything. I seem to be allergic to so many things. I get bit all the time now which is never used To. Even toilet paper I have to have recycled Paper or I'm really sore.I have a rash now which is don't now why I have it but I have been feeling ill and on Monday night I had horrible vertigo. Anyway just wondered if this had helped anyone with the itching.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: anyone taken Telfast 120mg tabs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 08:38:33 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - anti-histamines will stop the low-grade itching but may make you sleepy - it's the best night's sleep I get  ;)

If you don't try you won't know how they work for you/not - so try at the weekend  ;)

pj44

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:29:59 AM »

Thank you clkd will take one Friday night

pj44

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 05:45:02 PM »

Stellajane why do you prefer zirtex? Did you get any side effects from telfast?

pj44

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 05:46:29 PM »

I'm bruising myself I'm scratching that much it's far worse in the evenings

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 05:47:38 PM »

Hi pj - have you had any blood tests to check for other reasons for your itching?

Taz x

pj44

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 05:58:12 PM »

Hi taz. No when I mention itching I just get asked if I have a rash which mostly in don't.  The itching started a couple of years ago  It's worse now since period have stopped

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »

As you've had it for a while and the anti histamines don't seem to work I'd go back to the GP and ask for routine blood tests to check your liver function. Sometimes you can get really itchy skin with no rash if the liver isn't working properly. This doesn't mean that something really bad is going on but it does need to be ruled out. A neighbour of my mum and dad's had it. It was a while before she was diagnosed and her tiredness and itching was put down to early meno - she was 40 - but it turned out to be a liver problem. She's fine now.

Taz x

pj44

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »

The thing is I have only just been given anti histamines tablets. Have not taken one yet. That's why I posted as scared to take them. Have got doctors appointment  29 April will ask about blood Tests then. I need to start tablets before then see if they help

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »

Ah yes - I thought that this was a change of tablet but missed the fact that you had cream last time!

Taz x

pj44

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 03:44:20 PM »

Thank you for that stellajane. Just lately I have one hospital appointment after another. I did have my bloods taken about 3 months ago I will ask doctor if anything showed up. I have to wait till 29th April to see the doctor I like and I'll mention what you have said. My itching is always far worse in the evenings. On a bad day it's bad all day. I have hospital appointment tomorrow early so I will take tablet Monday evening.

pj44

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 04:28:46 PM »

Since premenopause started in now get bitten alot when in house or outside I have to use spray to protect myself from being bitten. I am sensitive to Washing powder. I can only use natural make up and natural Cream. Now periods have stopped my skin is like Sandpaper. Thank you everyone for replies. I'll let you know how it goes with the tablets