Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Would you go back?  (Read 16868 times)

GeordieGirl

Re: Would you go back?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 08:10:13 AM »

Anyone know what's happened to Geordie Girl.

She hasn't been around for ages and she was having investigations done for something bowel related I think.

Hope she is ok.

Honeybun
X

Hi Honeybun,

I'm here - I've just had a bit of a curved ball thrown at me in the shape of a bowel cancer diagnosis. A right royal pain in the arse, in my ways than one.  My online attention has thus been redirected into anything and everything cancer / nutrition / positivity / healthy living related to help me nip this thing in the bud (or is that butt?).  My book shelves are now groaning and my head is full of terms that I'd have found quite unpronounceable a few months ago. I've found it quite entertaining throwing them into the odd consultation just to check the medics know what they're talking about (my GPs don't, my bum consultant fortunately does.  :) )

Anyway, I'm back and reading through a whole host of new posts - this could take a while!

GG x

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 08:12:25 AM »

Welcome back! How are you?

GeordieGirl

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 08:48:27 AM »

I actually feel fine. Healthy and fit in fact and feel a bit of a fraud - surely with cancer you're meant to feel ill?  Everyone around me is a in bit of a flap about it but I'm fairly calm and resolute, though it has kicked in my insomnia again for a night or two, just after I'd got it all sorted.

I've found the key thing in this (for me at least) is thinking I'm playing some part or having some control. This is where the nutrition side has come into it. Ok so it won't cure me, but it can give me a great boost and I'm really feeling the benefits of having mostly raw food. I'm also cutting out toxins and chemicals as much as possible, it's amazing how many we're exposed to.
It can only help.

I did see my partner cry for the first time on Tuesday after the diagnosis - gulp. That really tugged at my heart strings. Strangely enough I think it's easier for me as I have got some control and some say in all of this, his role is supportive but has limitations. Saying that, he's been an absolute rock in this.

A new journey, not one I'd planned but I'm hoping at least to be able to shape it.

GG x

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 08:58:34 AM »

Sorry to hear GeordieGirl - well done for being so positive about it, not sure I'd be the same, but nobody knows do they!  Best of luck to you.

As for going back, I've always loved the concept of time travel, and often thought I'd like to go back and give my younger self a good talking to..

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »

GeordieGirl - Sorry to hear your news.
As you say a literal pain in the arse.
It's so good that your bum consultant knows what he is talking about and which way is up.
You will need to educate your GP, I know you shouldn't need to, but it's the way it often is.
Hope all goes as well as it possibly can.
Lots of hugs for you, oh, and your partner who sounds as if he needs them.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 12:43:10 PM »

Thanks for the update [have responded in your other thread] - I have never seen my husband cry except when laughing. 

Pages: 1 [2]