Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Basis of Anxiety  (Read 18899 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Re: The Basis of Anxiety
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »

Hi Sparkle.

I think it's quite terrifying what power your hormones have.

I've had a rubbish fortnight with low mood/pangs of doom/anxiety and was a complete MESS over the weekend thanks to insomnia. The thought of our holiday next month was filling me with anxiety and couldn't bear to think of it.

But today, I am 100% better. Feeling very upbeat and like my 'normal' self. Making plans with friends and looking forward to our holiday next month.

Okay so I have been taking HRT for 5 days now, but I think it's too soon to thank the HRT for my massive rise in mood. Instead, this has become my 'pattern' for the last year or so. A couple of weeks of doom/despair/anxiety followed by a few weeks of being completely back to normal.

Hormones  >:(

I am so grateful I found this place.

Sarai

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2015, 06:08:29 PM »

My mum never discussed anything with me. But I remember finding sleeping pills and pills for anxiety in her cupboard and wondering why she needed them. But being a young mum in my 20's I never gave it another thought. I had not heard of meno back then. She passed 14 years ago now but I worked out she would have been 52 at the time. I think that says it all for me

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2015, 07:14:30 PM »

That's interesting Sarai.

I genuinely think there is a strong genetic link when it comes to PMS/PND and then peri menopause issues.

One of my cousins has always had a reputation for being very 'difficult' on a regular basis. But looking at her behaviour through my peri menopause eyes I do think that many of her issues were probably connected to hormones. She would have stints of being very reclusive. I do know she suffered with insomnia. And I think her 'difficult' behaviour was just anxiety.

And looking back at my Grandma she very clearly suffered with PMS and really lost the plot in her 50s. So tragic that women suffer like this.

babyjane

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2015, 08:22:48 AM »

I am starting to look at my daughter in law's behaviour differently as she blows very hot and cold.  We never know what we are going to get when we visit  :(

honeybun

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2015, 08:43:50 AM »

The last few mornings for me have been awful. No rhyme nor reason which is the hard part. I'm having to work very hard just to get my clothes on and get going as the inclination is to go back to bed.

Not giving it. I will not let this rule my life.

Honeyb
x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2015, 10:29:06 AM »

Babyjane, we all felt a bit like that with my cousin. Never knew what you were going to get. You'd pop round for a visit and she'd either be very welcoming, or other days would refuse to answer the door (even though it was obvious she was home).

She once invited some family over for afternoon tea. But then refused to open the door for at least half an hour. When she finally did, they could see she had gone to a huge effort baking cakes and fresh flowers etc. When asked why, she just said she 'couldn't face opening the door'.

At the time I just thought she'd lost the plot. But now I think that sounds like crippling anxiety.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2015, 10:32:29 AM »

Hugs to you Honeybun [big hug]

Is it anxiety which is laying you low in the morning recently?

I sometimes wonder if I get anxiety every morning now because I 'expect' to, if that makes sense? My brain is very programmable and is very quick to get stuck in a groove i.e. if I have to wake up at a certain time one morning, I'll wake up at that same time for days afterwards even when there's no need.

babyjane

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »

I find it is worse if I have too much to think about, or multitasking.

My husband is away at the moment and although I miss him and will be glad when he gets home, I have found I am not so wound up as I can take things at my own pace.

Taz2

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »

I understand that babyjane - I'm much better when I'm on my own.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2015, 05:06:16 PM »

The last few mornings for me have been awful. No rhyme nor reason which is the hard part. I'm having to work very hard just to get my clothes on and get going as the inclination is to go back to bed.

Oh heck, Honeyb that's a shame.
Is it anything to do with your sister being weird after your holiday?
Whatever, please look after yourself and those closest to you.

Hopefully things will look better after OHs hospital appointment tomorrow.

honeybun

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2015, 06:30:02 PM »

Thanks all.

Just the usual anxiety raising its ugly head. Tummy has been a bit off and that just throws me. Spent the afternoon in the garden and felt much better. Sis has been fine over the past few days. She has a lot to cope with, with regards to her hubby so I make excuses.

Hubby says I have been very quiet.....not like me at all and although I did not know her, the young girl that went missing in Glasgow really upset me.

Add it all together and you get horrid anxiety.

Got hubbies check up and blood tests tomorrow.....really rather wouldn't know to be honest. Just have had enough recently  ::)
Oh and having to go to my mothers early tomorrow, rush home, eat lunch and then head back in the same direction. It's going to be a long day.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2015, 09:21:09 PM »

No wonder your anxiety is up all that background worry about fitting in seeing your Mother prior to lunch then DH's appt. : me, I wouldn't be able to eat at all  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »

I will probably end up eating later I think.

Going to try for an earlier bed tonight so I won't get quite so tired.

Can only hope  ::)

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2015, 09:29:07 PM »

I'm so tired I thought it was 10.30  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2015, 09:31:09 PM »

It is 10:30 CLKD  ;D

Honeybun
X
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6