Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45

Author Topic: Haemoragghic disease warnings  (Read 113032 times)

jaypo

Re: Dog Breeds and healthy feeding
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2019, 05:33:35 PM »

Did you read that poor tess Daley ran over her little shiztzu and killed it,she's devastated,builders left her front door open

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2019, 05:48:52 PM »

Yes, OH told me earlier....
So sad...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2019, 06:57:59 PM »

Oh how sad.  Claire Balding did that with her 1st Tibetan terrier, a gate left open  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #228 on: April 15, 2019, 06:16:37 PM »

Dog rescued 220km from Thai coast by rig workers

He looks so patient.  A bit of Lab and perhaps Newfie ......... now in the care of a Vet.  :-*

CLKD

Re: Dog Breeds at the Polls
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2019, 11:53:52 AM »

Good 'photos of dogs attending the various voting stations today.  Our Council is bankrupt therefore we don't get a Vote  >:(

jaypo

« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »

Let the dogs vote,probably do better than us  ;D

CLKD

Re: Dog Breeds - being groomed
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2019, 02:10:04 PM »

I agree.  After all elephants sploosh paint around and the efforts sell for £K  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 08:13:00 AM by CLKD »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2019, 03:00:07 PM »

I saw that.....
At least they get money to be able to continue to look after them....👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Also, did anyone see how they made paper out of elephant poo?
I thought it was really good...didn't like the soaking part of it though....😝😷😷😷

CLKD

« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »

Cleaning nappies to recycle too in Wales  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2019, 03:30:46 PM »

DO share - we started with Rotties in another thread

I love them with tails, they look so regal.  Brought from Italy by the Romans as herding dogs as far as middle Europe they came here, being seen as 'guard dogs' - along with Dobermann ......... which is sad because it gave the breeds a 'bad' name.  As for not liking water  :-\.  I had a cocker who would avoid puddles  ;D and her attitude was 'you shot it, you fetch it'  ::) although she did go after sticks in a fast running stream as long as she didn't go deeper than her ankles  :D.  Some of my happiest memories  :'(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2019, 04:33:25 PM »

I do love Rotties...
Our first was called Jade.....she died of bone cancer, front leg....(had her pts) she was 7.
Then came Eric...he was the last of the litter, and was left because his one ear was a bit more droopy than the other....also, his toes were not altogether up, like he had flat feet, but wasn't too bad....he was 8 when we put him ts......hip dysphasia, couldn't walk much and was in so much pain, and after months and months  on tablets of one kind or another, we couldn't put him through it anymore....both dogs were sooo loving...used to sleep on the kids beds! Sometimes.....
Then we had the worst rottie ever! He was THE devil dog! .....took him back to breeder, couldn't cope with him, lost our money, I might add.😡. Breeder sold again to a lorry driver who took him everywhere! So we heard later....couldn't risk him with the kids...he wasn't just naughtie, he hated me, with a passion! 😂😂😂
That's my story on my rotties.....my son has one now.

CLKD

« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »

Should never re-sell a dog with 'history' and I thought I'd put this in the other dog thread   ;D - is that a Senior Moment  :-X

I was cornered by a Rottie.  I worked in an office and this dog was 'shown'.  I was told not to go into that area of the house but he had been left by the children ...... in the lounge where I had to walk through.  It was his look.  I was there an hour in 'his' room.  Had I not been told to go into the area I would have dealt with him differently.  She didn't even apologise.

I never went back.  How he was stable enough to Show I'll never know!

CLKD

« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2019, 08:14:24 AM »

As suggested I looked at dogs being 'blown', the best U-TUbe is of 'Mira' - medium-sized white fluffy critter that stood whilst a hair-dryer thingie was held against her coat which went everywhere  ;D .........

Good bird nesting material.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2019, 08:22:48 AM »

Oh my god, CLKD, it was everywhere. It's amazing just how much hair they've got!  ;D
As long as it's a bit windy, not only does it blow the small stuff away, but the larger amounts get stuck in corners of the garden, so I can just go pick it up.
Mind you, after the blowing she had yesterday, all her white, was glowing....apart from looking a bit thinner,  ::)  she looked good.  ;D
Blasting them with the blower, stops them looking .....scruffy. Makes the coat look fluffy and clean.... ;D

CLKD

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2019, 08:28:40 AM »

It's a double coat?  Which is why it blasts out easily?   Our cocker needed proper grooming a the 'salon' which she hated 'cos they gave her a bath  ;D

Does yours stand still or fidget?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45